To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 21, 2015

What's in a name?

Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday, and today's topic? Names!

As far as my name goes, Miranda, well mom has always loved the letter M. In fact, all of my siblings (my dad too!) has an M name, whether it be their first or their middle, we all have an M name. 

If I were a boy I was going to be Trenton Matthew, but turned out I was born a belle and thus Miranda was what I was given. I honestly adore the name Trenton, and in my opinion it could be a gender neutral name, but my nephew lucked out and that's the name he got :)

All in all we have a Martha, Michelle, Marie, and a whole lot of Macks!

My one sister had a thing for T's, so from that we stem Tesha, Trenton, Tristan and Talon.

Sister #2 loved D's, and Dean and Devin were born. 

As far as our precious little bundle of joy, we were dead set on Cayden. I knew even before I ever had a child that Cayden was going to be his or her name. Cayden Mack for a boy and Cayden Martha for a girl. Mack is a name on both Tarls and my side of the family and Martha was my grandmother's name and my name as well so I knew if God granted us a girl I wanted to carry on with Martha.


Three weeks prior to this sweet bundle of joy arriving, while laying in bed one night, I asked Tarl what he thought of adding "ence" to the end of Cayden, especially now that we knew we were having a girl. He loved it, so we dropped the Y and Cadence was born 3 weeks later. 

To be honest, we just simply loved the name Cadence. There was no rhyme or reason or significance behind it, we just adored the name and it fits Miss Priss to a tee :)



Cadence Martha

Remember to link up and join the fun!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger