To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 21, 2015

Furious

This weekend was great, even with the rainy weather we had.
Cadence stayed the weekend with my in-laws, so that gave Tarl and I an entire date weekend, which was absolutely wonderful!

We had planned to go to Jacksonville to visit with my aunt, hit up the beaches, and see the sights, along with my mom, but my mom started feeling ill on Thursday afternoon and with her condition, we didn't want to chance going away for the weekend and her hospital and medical team being 2+ hours away, so we had a weekend together here at home.

On Friday evening we went to our favorite dining spot, The Melting Pot. The food was, as always, delicious.  I will say this, our first time ever going to The Melting Pot, we disliked everything but the dessert. Turns out we tried all the wrong things! We definitely have a go-to and you have to try different things to find out what pleases your palate.

The fiesta cheese fondue is our go-to cheese. 
We always go with the Mojo style seasoning for our meats. I'll suggest our favorite meat selection, the french quarter. I always get the house salad with their delicious raspberry vinaigrette and we adore the bananas foster for dessert!



They always have the best dippers for dessert, rice krispie treats, marshmallows, fresh fruits, pretzel sticks, raspberry filled donut holes, pound cake, brownies and more!


Duck faces! Love this man!

We got up on Saturday morning and finally went and saw Furious 7. The Fast and the Furious franchise first began back in our generation when were in high-school, so it for sure holds a special place in our hearts as far as movies go. We've seen every movie and I knew this one was going to be emotional due to Paul Walkers passing. 

I won't spoil it for you, but the ending is a HUGE tear jerker so have the tissues handy - not so much that something happens in the movie, but just knowing that it was Paul Walkers 'last ride' is just so terribly heart wrenching!

We ended up going out and buying movies 1 - 6 and watched most of them yesterday while waiting for Cadence to get home. It was stormy and snuggling and a day of car racing on the tv was just the ticket to the ending of a great weekend!

//

I honestly have to touch base on this very touchy southern subject - Lilly for Target.
I'm not a huge Lilly fan. The thought of paying $200+ for a dress with a multitude of colors is beyond me. Let's call it what it is, you're paying for the name, it's a fact, and we all know it.

Her shift dresses are quite lovely however, and at the affordable price of around $40 I was planning on purchasing one on Sunday afternoon once Cadence got home, only to find out via several news articles and FaceBook that the entire collection sold out both online and in stores within a matter of minutes. There goes my $40 Lilly shift dress because I be damned if I'm going to pay over $200+ for a dress. Just not my thing! What blows my mind is A) Why only make this a one time thing? It sold so well I don't understand why they don't sell this in stores throughout the summer. Clearly it is making both parties money. B) Why would they allow their clientele to purchase more than one of each item. From what I gather women were just grabbing everything and shoving it in their buggies. If you don't believe me, go to Instagram and search the hashtag #lillyforsale, or check ebay. I refuse to pay more than what they paid for it brand new, just so some greedy person can make a quick buck. Plus the quality isn't the same as the true Lilly Pulitzer items, so if you're going to pay that much, might as well go for the tried and true Lilly, but that's just my two cents.

xo

1 comment

  1. I haven't been in years but I LOVE the melting pot! And I totally agree with the Lilly thing, its ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger