To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 19, 2015

a little of this, a little of that...


This speaks to me so much. I've honestly never thought about this until reading this quote this morning. I need to always try to remember to be a light to others, always.

//

The NY Times posted this article about how FAO Schwarz will be closing it's flagship location off 5th avenue in 2016 - so sad! I'm so glad that we got to go inside and experience this luxurious toy store before they close their doors! Don't fret if you've never been, they plan to open another location, it just won't be their signature 5th Avenue store. I imagine renting that enormous building off America's main shopping strip is quite pricey.

//

My sweet girl had her very first sleepover this past weekend. She had so much fun playing with her sweet friend. They enjoyed playing outside and eating homemade pizzas that Tarl and I made. I kid you not, they played from sun up to sun down. They were covered in sweat and side walk chalk, but they had a blast! They ended the night watching Frozen, and naturally had to get into character.


//

On Friday Tarl and I went with Cadence on her field trip. We all had such a great time at their petting zoo. We got to feed lemurs, birds, hold reptiles, see how honey is made. We also got to make our own candles, wax sculpture and fill our own honey jars. It's a place we will definitely visit again soon.




(See that cute little baby lemur riding on it's momma's back? I want one (or three)!)




//

I'm missing an old friend. We haven't had a heart to heart conversation in close to a year. I hate it when friendships grow apart, especially ones that you think will last a lifetime. She was that friend that would have you laughing until you pee'd your pants - don't we all need someone like that in our lives? Some childish things took place, I said my peace, she said hers and we cut ties. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, but hopefully our friendship will find it's way back one day. I do miss her. Not gonna lie. It is what it is I suppose.

//

I was smitten with the Lilly Pulitzer dress that I got on Mother's Day.


I love the color, length, pattern and it fits great. For sizing reference, I'm a size 6 due to my bust size. If it wasn't for my bust size, I'd be a dress size 4 because the dress fit perfectly in a 4 but wouldn't zip all the way up top, so I sized up and it's great. Since I knew my size, I've been searching the hashtag #lillyfortarget and #lillyforsale on Instagram like it was my job. Doing this I have found so many great Lilly dresses at a steal! I've purchased three Lilly for Target dresses off Instagram and another true Lilly Pulitzer dress that just arrived yesterday. It's in pristine condition. As soon as the other two arrive, I plan on taking some pics and showing them off. 

I never really liked LP dresses, but as of recent I've changed my mind. I'm loving them and they are so comfortable! I've also purchased one for Cadence and she looks precious in it!

Pics to come soon...

//

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend. We have plans to go out of town and visit our grandmother. I can't wait. Time spent with her is always fun and memories are always made. 

//

Happy Tuesday! xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger