To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 8, 2015

Friday Favorite's | Mother's Day & More


Morning lovies. Join the fun here.


Yesterday afternoon the UPS man dropped off a package for yours truly with a big red logo on the side that was labeled 'Shari's Berries'. I'm a huge chocolate covered strawberry fan. I've heard countless wonderful things about Shari's berries in particular and thanks to my in-laws I finally got to try those delectable little morsels of goodness. There was a note attached wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. Thank you again to my in-laws. They were delicious!



We had dinner plans with my in-laws last night for dinner and we went ahead and gave my mother-in-law her Mother's Day gift. You can never go wrong with roses in my opinion. They smell divine and although pink is my favorite color, peach is my favorite color rose. I wasn't quite sure what my mother-in-laws favorite rose was, but peach is so summer indicative, I thought it was a great fit.



This saying is my new favorite!


Remember how I have told y'all time and time again that we live on a small little farm. Well my brother and sister-in-law have now surpassed us with the cutest little goats. We don't have goats, yet, but they are now at the top of my list, second to a pig. What can I say, I love a little piglet. Cadence and I both adore Hazel and Cordelia (Dilly for short). 



I'm still thinking about that Crunchy Roll that we had for dinner the other night. Amazing!



Yesterday was Sports Day at school. You were to dress in something that pertained to Sports. Cadence wanted to dress as a softball player, so that's just what we did. How cute is she?!!



These two are still at the top of my wish list for Mother's Day. Both are gorgeous, and paired together they make the most perfect southern combination for any event this summer. Graduations, weddings, BBQs. I'm smitten!

Sparkle Sandal - Jack Rogers - Jackrogersusa.com - Jack Rogers USA






Happy Friday!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger