To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 28, 2015

Catching Up | Graduation and More!

Sorry for being unsociable this week, but it's been a busy one!

This week was the last one for Cadence in Kindergarten, and the final year of high school for my nephew. So between her awards ceremony and his graduation, along with her first dance recital and baby showers for friends...I'm slap wore out planning and prepping for all of these!

Last night was my nephews baccalaureate and it was wonderful. I'm so proud of the young man that he has become. He's intelligent, helpful and always shows great southern morals and integrity in everything that he does. I'm so proud to be his aunt.





(Cadence's dress is Lilly for Target in the Fan Dance pattern - I bought mine off of a local resale sight for $10. It's Banana Republic and fits me like a glove)

Today was my sweet girls final day of Kindergarten. It was very bitter sweet to say the least. Her school went above and beyond to make her first year special. She learned so many new things and I cannot wait to see what first grade holds in store for her. One student out of every class received what they call the "star student" award, which is an academic achievement where you have excelled in each course or subject. Cadence was the child in her class that received this award and Tarl and I were beyond proud! I'm so glad that she did so well this year, both socially and academically. Making new friends and achieving so much. 




Just looking at these side by side comparisons I can truly see how much she has grown - wow, the saying really is true, "the days are long but the years are short"! Enjoy every single moment with your children, because time flies by! 

When I was a senior, my nephew Dean was entering into Kindergarten. My graduation year was his first year of school. Now here he is, graduating tomorrow evening while Cadence is leaving Kindergarten, it seems like the end of an era and it is something truly spectacular!

Last week I promised you that I would post about my Lilly dresses and I haven't forgot. I've tried wearing one every day and trying my best to remember to take pictures when I do. I will have that post for you next week. I'm loving my Lilly's!

I paid two credit cards off yesterday, in full, with an account balance of $0.00. The relief I felt when I wrote those final checks was incredible! Two credit cards down and two to go then I will be completely debt free with credit cards! 

This picture is incredible. I swear I talk about NYC every single day to Tarl, and the best part? He's not sick of it. He had a great time when we went and often times he'll be the one to bring it up in a conversation. We discuss things we plan on doing the next time we visit, and I hope that's sooner rather than later. As I've said before, I'm missing that city like crazy and seeing beautiful photographs like the one I found below, makes me miss it that much more!

Manhattan. Beautiful!

I'm loving the koozie that my friend made for me!


Tomorrow we have graduation and the after-party and a dance recital and baby shower on Saturday. I'm ready to get our busy weekend started!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger