To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 4, 2015

Catching Up...

So I had planned on posting my Mother's Day wish list last week, but I started feeling badly Monday around noon. By 3:00 my nose was like a faucet and I had started to cough. We had Cadence's dance pictures that evening so I toughened up and made it to them. On the way home my head was pounding. I have never gotten that sick so quickly, normally I feel my sicknesses coming on a couple days before hand. I woke up around 2am on Monday/Tuesday morning and was shivering. I had two huge covers on me and still couldn't get warm. Tarl felt me shivering and snuggled with me to warm me up and still no reprieve. I was burning up with a fever. I was out sick until Thursday and Praise the Lord I'm feeling better.

Anyways, onto the one thing I am dead set on for Mother's Day...

Much like monograms and Lilly Pulitzer, Jack Rogers sandals are becoming a southern staple for most women. I have to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of them, but ever since they came out with their  Sparkle Gold Jacks, I'm smitten!

Jack Rogers Navajo Sparkle Sandal

On Sunday we headed to the beach. It was a gorgeous day!



When we got home Cadence and I enjoyed our homemade popsicles - which are super easy to make!

Two banana's - mushed
One container of raspberries - mushed
Couple handful of blueberries - whole
One Tablespoon of honey
Half a cup of milk, we use organic vanilla milk

Mix and freeze!


I love these popsicles as does Cadence. No added sugar and they are delicious and healthy.

Last summer we did peaches instead of raspberries, but the store didn't have peaches so we improvised with raspberries instead, it was as equally yummy.

Have a blessed week!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger