To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 12, 2015

Canvas Painting

I enjoy painting. It's very relaxing and just a good time. I have been to one painting class - you know the ones where you can bring a glass of wine and sip and paint and chat with friends. It was fun, a lot of fun, but at $30 a pop I knew it was a one time deal for me, especially seeing as how I can buy a 7 pack canvas and assorted paints at Michael's for the same price, and get more bang for your buck in the comfort of your own home.

Cadence enjoys painting just as much as I do and I always look forward to our time painting together. Our paintings have now filled our dining room and it's quickly becoming my favorite room in our home because of the sweet memories I have painting with my darling girl.




I get most of my painting ideas off of Pinterest. I strongly suggest trying it, at least once. It's therapeutic in my personal opinion, and a great way to just wind down after a long day at work.

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger