To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 19, 2015

Father's Day Plans



You're reading this and I wrote it yesterday (Thursday), love that I can schedule a post in advance. It helps keeping up with posting a lot easier, especially when you take a random vacation day from work (the reason I took off today, I don't want to share just yet).

Tarl is a pretty easy guy to please, thank goodness! It sure makes life much easier when it comes time to celebrate him. Gift giving has always been simple yet special as I've always incorporated something unique when we celebrate.

Our Father's Day plans are to treat him to Carey Hilliard's, his favorite restaurant, then afterwards take him to the mall, let him open his card in the parking lot where he will find a Bass Pro Gift card. The card will also read, "take as much time as you want and spend your gift card on something you've had your eyes on."

Long story, short. When that man goes into a Bass Pro shop he can spend hours, all the while Cadence and I are bored and ready to go. He loves for us to go to Savannah with him, but who wants to follow someone around while they're looking at lures and lines and knives and camping equipment? Not this girl! But on Sunday, it's all about him and we're going to let him look around for as long as he wants. 

I also got him a gift card to a local eatery that he visits regularly for lunch while he's working. His 'special' gift isn't set to arrive until Monday via FedEx, but I cannot wait to see his face when he opens it!

Every single time we see a Coke bottle that says "Share A Coke with _____"
His name, obviously, is never there. His name is very unique and there's no way Coke has made a bottle with his name on it....well, they did for me!

He has no clue that you can have you name customized on a Coke bottle at 
shareacoke.com - but I did :)

I can't wait to see his face when he unwraps his gift and there will sit a fresh Coke that says Share a Coke with Tarl!

So Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
Happy Father's Day to all the single moms who have to be a dad too!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger