To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 1, 2015

Weekend Recap | Bouquet of Lilly's

Whew, what a whirlwind weekend that was! We were non-stop beginning Friday afternoon and didn't slow down until late last night. I'm ready to relax and just enjoy summer (well after I get off of work daily, but you know, gotta make that money)

Friday evening we attended my nephews high school graduation. It was so nice seeing him walk with honors. I couldn't be more proud of him. He was also accepted into the University of South Carolina and if he sticks to his guns will be going for his doctorate degree!



After graduation we attended the class of 2015's graduation party which had the most delicious BBQ, beautiful decor, and some great music!



(it's blurry, but we danced and danced, particularly sweet Cadence!)

On Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go and have Cadence's hair done for her dance recital. My sister did such an amazing job!




Just look at those two, I am so blessed!

After her recital we headed to a friends surprise 30th birthday, and afterwards a drop in baby shower. Busy busy Saturday!

Onto the Lilly's...

This is my other true Lilly dress. I purchased this for $60 off Instagram from a girl who had only wore it once. It is brand spanking new and I love it! The pattern is Sun Kissed Glow. I paired this dress with my sparkly gold Jack Rogers. It has the cutest back opening with a tie but unfortunately didn't get a picture of that.


The rest of these are Lilly Pulitzer for Target. 

This is the Giraffey print, which is orange and pink and just absolutely perfect for summer!
I paired this dress with my faux Jack Rogers in metallic. I bought them at Shoe Show for $15!


This pattern is the Fan Dance pattern. Flamingos! Need I say more?
Paired with my faux Jack Rogers in white and silver, again-Show Show for $15!


This is the See Ya Later pattern which is the most brightest and prettiest hot pink that you've ever seen, unfortunately this dress was taken inside and thus the color in the picture does not do this dress justice. I paired this one, this morning, with my bare feet, because as promised, I wanted to show y'all these dresses! I was scared that the fabric wouldn't hold up to true Lilly, but I'm surprised in the quality of them. I'll be dawning these all summer long!


If you're looking at buying some Lilly at a steal, search the hashtag #lillyforsale and you'll find a whole lot of goodies!

Tarl went fishing yesterday so Cadence and I had a girls day all around Savannah. We enjoyed each others company, walked around the malls and other stores and had a blast! 

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger