To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 4, 2015

Spoiled Ass Rotten

Okay, so sorry (not sorry) for the language in my post title, but I just have to be honest about how spoiled I am by my husband. He treats Cadence and I like a true Disney princess and that's no joke! In the past month Cadence has completely learned to ride her bike and Tarl and I have discussed lightly on how he and I should get one.

Que Monday evening...

My sister and I went shoe shopping and as soon as we pulled in my driveway there was a hot pink bike sitting in the driveway. My smile was from ear to ear. I love surprises like that, they are amazing! Angela just looked at me, stomped her way inside my house, looked Tarl in the eye's and said, please talk to Billy (her husband) about how to be a husband. We all just started laughing. Seriously though, he is the sweetest thing.

Case in point, last night...

Remember yesterday how I explained to y'all the whole Disney vacation situation. Well as I stated yesterday, it was a toss up between May and September. As I walked in the door last night after a long day at work he asked if I wanted to take a hot bath, well duh...sitting and relaxing he looked at me, smiled, and said, "when Disney releases their prices for next year, go ahead and book for May, I don't want to wait until September, and I know if it was up to you, we'd leave tomorrow."

Again, another smile from ear to ear. I screeched like a kid in a candy store. Disney in May!

And yes, this post is a bit braggy, but I don't care. My husband treats me great and spoils me rotten, so I'm going to shout it from the roof tops!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger