To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 16, 2015

Thank You | Living Room Decor | Christmas!

Mornin' y'all!

I have to be honest. I didn't think that anyone read this little ole blog of mine anymore. I know that my sisters read it, but other than that I don't really talk about it in my daily life because at the end of the day it's sort of like an online journal for me. Even without readers I would still blog because at least once a month I go back and read something I wrote to reflect on that time or help me remember something. 

For example, just last week I went back and read all of the Disney re-caps that I posted last year. It brought back so many fond memories and made me want to go back so much more!

With that being said though, readers are obviously something that any blogger wants. To connect with your audience and know that someone out there is at the least, remotely interested in what you have to say. Having this blog for 2 1/2 years and only having 54 subscribed readers isn't something to boast about, but just when you think no one's listening, especially when you have questions about certain dental work (see yesterday's post), that's when you get a message. 

No comments on my blog post yesterday concerning my dental crown, but no worries either. It was more of a peace of mind thing for me to know that other people have been through a similar ordeal, and wouldn't you know an old school friend of mine from back in high-school FaceBook messaged me this morning telling me about her dental crown and the experience she had after reading my post yesterday. 

I honestly had no clue that she read this blog, or that any of my FB friends did. It's good to know that people listen, and it's also good to know that even with our 11 year graduation anniversary just passing, that we are still friends and can talk to one another - thanks Kim for always being so kind and for thinking of Cadence this morning too! :)

//

This picture has been floating around FB for years now, but every time I see it in m news feed I always read it. Every.single.time.


It honestly doesn't get more true than this. Tell your needs to God. He will give you peace, which is far more than what we can understand!

As always, if you want to learn more about accepting Jesus into your heart, feel free to email me anytime! I'm not perfect by any means, but I know his never failing love!

//

I always say that I'm going to start waking up early in the morning, drink a cup of coffee, and start a daily devotional, but that bed of ours feels so delightful when that alarm goes off at 6:30! I feel like eventually I will get there, but for now I'll keep hitting the snooze button. 

//

In just a few short weeks it'll be Christmas in July! What that means for the world is a lot of online sales, what it means for me is the start of my Christmas shopping. I have always started my Christmas shopping at the start of summer. Tarl and I are a family that lives paycheck to paycheck and it can be tough to try and buy gifts for everyone come December. A lot of the people I buy for are grown and are pretty set in their hobbies and the things they like, so I go and buy something for them accordingly. If it's a young child (like Cadence) who changes what they like every day, then those are the people that I wait and buy things for closer to Christmas. This has always suited me well financially. Come December 1st, when we put our tree up, I already have it filled with presents whereas most people haven't even begun their shopping. It's a great feeling! Buying one gift here and there adds up, and before you know you're done!

If you don't like the thought of buying gifts so early but you want to save money for Christmas, start stacking cash somewhere in your house and don't touch it. If you fear you're going to grab it from time to time then go to your local bank and start a Christmas account. A lot of banks offer this!

Another good option are gift cards. Buy a Visa gift card here and there and use that as your spending money when it comes time to shop for family and friends.

//

Re-doing our living room has been a lot on my mind recently. Our entire living room motif is brown and I'm so sick of it. Our drapes are brown, our couches are brown, even our wood floors are brown...ick!

Re-buying living room furniture is still quite some time away, but when we do, I'm going for this exact look!


Love this lighter tan/neutral sectional. Blue accent lamps on a couch table behind link to the dark blue throw pillows, restoration hardware / industrial coffee table, neutral colored rug, nice large uniform picture frames as wall art, average sized living room, small living room, under techie coffee table magazines

I love the neutral couch. You can change pillows to any color and it would still go with everything! Plus pillows are a great way to add pops of color in a more neutral area. The square table in the center with that distressed look is perfection to me, right down to the magazine rack below and the tulip topped tray adorning the table. 

Swoon!

xo

1 comment

  1. I am the same way with my blog. I just sort of blog what comes to me and I am always surprised (happily) when I get comments. I love that you are staying true to you here on your blog. It is really important.

    I love the idea of Christmas shopping starting in July. I am pretty much a paycheck to paycheck girl so that would help me immensely to start next month. Thanks for the idea. I can't believe there are only 20 Fridays until Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger