To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 24, 2015

Mid-Week Randoms

- Yesterday I downloaded Grey off Amazon and sent it straight to my Kindle app on my phone. Yesterday was a busy day so I didn't get to read as much as I wanted, but the first two chapters have been great. It's 50 Shades of Grey from Christian's point of view. I love reading, especially in summer in the afternoons when it starts cooling down. I'll grab an ice cold glass of Pepsi and sit outside and just read. Any good book recommendations on something you've read lately?

-This weekend is our towns annual fireworks show and it's uh-mazing! Seriously, for our little ole town, we sure know how to do fireworks! Cadence, Tarl and I always look forward to watching  them. To see something through a child's perspective is truly remarkable.

-When we go to Disney I like to have us wear Disney stuff, especially for Cadence. It makes it more fun and pictures are that much cuter! Etsy has some of the cutest items - did you know that you can buy Lilly Pulitzer inspired Disney shirts and they have Lilly Pulitzer Minnie Mouse ears?!

Lilly Pulitzer Fabric Pockets with Minnie Mouse Ears & Bow -  Crew Neck Short Sleeve Pocket TShirt

40+ Lilly Prints Available - Lilly Pulitzer Teddy Bear Ears Headband -perfect for a trip to Disney with minnie and mickey

How cute are those!

-Target is currently having BOGO 50% off their shorts and the same promotion for their dresses so if you're looking for cute summer clothes now is the time to buy! Their target cartwheel offer is also 20% off dresses and you can apply that as well! It's all about saving money when and where you can! I've already gotten one monogrammed shirt for next years trip for free by doing some social media work for a business earlier this year. She has a monogramming business and in exchange for posting some pics on Instagram, I got Cadence a Princess Belle shirt. We got it in the mail two weeks ago and she loves it!

-We went and saw Jurassic World for Father's Day and it was great. It surprised me how good of a movie it was because to be honest I didn't really want to go and see it. I'm ready for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again. That good! This weekend we have plans to go see Disney's, Inside Out. Cadence has been wanting to see it, as have I. Can't wait!

-Speaking of movies, have y'all seen the movie trailer for Secret Life of Pets? It looks adorable!
Another one we'll have to go see.

Have a great day...I'm off to read "Grey".

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger