To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 16, 2015

Cadence.


Seven years.
Seven years of new experiences.
Sleepless nights. Fevers. Vomiting. Doctors visits. ER visits. Scrapes, bruises and bumps. 
Even with all the scary shit that comes with being a parent, it is nothing compared to the joy, the fun, the love and every other blessing that comes along with it!

Your smile, your laughter, the joy you have in your heart produces us with smiles, laughter and tons of joy in our hearts. My sweet sweet little girl who isn't quite so little anymore. It breaks my heart into a million pieces knowing that you aren't a baby anymore. Heck, you're not even a toddler anymore. You are a child. You are my child. You are a child of God. You are a child filled with hope and wonder and curiosity.

Seven years. Seven wonderful years!






Tonight we celebrate the Lords biggest blessing to us.

Happy Birthday to the sweetest girl I know, Cadence!

She'll get her gifts form us tonight, but Olly brought her, her most favorite thing, bubbles!





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger