To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 21, 2015

Last weekend before Christmas

I can't believe that there are no more weekends between now and Christmas. We are officially in Christmas week. I know it's such a cliche thing to say that the time has flown by, but y'all, where has the time gone?! It seems like December 1st was just last week! 

December is such a busy month for us so I'm assuming that's why it went by so quickly. We've tried our very best to enjoy this entire Christmas season and boy have we ever!

On Friday evening we headed to downtown Savannah. The Westin was having their 1st annual light display so we wanted to watch that and then eat dinner. You could go to the Westin and pay $10 to watch it or watch it for free on the Riverstreet side. Since we wanted dinner we went ahead to the Riverstreet side, watched it for free and then had dinner at Spanky's. 

Thank goodness we didn't pay to watch it because it only lasted one minute. 
Yep! No exaggeration, just a mere 60 seconds and then the countdown started again at 29 minutes. Granted the $10 donation did go towards charity, but I'm assuming tons of those people were quite upset because the Westin did portray it as a huge 3D light show, when it all actuality it was just a 60 second movie played on the side of their hotel, but, it was still really pretty!

Cadence and I were all bundled and she enjoyed it :)

See those duck boots I'm wearing! I've been wanting duck boots ever since the beginning of the year. Tarl spoiled me and let me open them up on Friday night before we left the house. Early Christmas present and I love it!

Love this man!


After the show and dinner we rode around downtown and looked at Christmas lights adorning the town homes of lovely Savannah. It's just so darn pretty!


Saturday morning Olly wanted us to watch a Christmas movie. 


Saturday afternoon we had our annual family gathering. Cadence got play-doh and that's pretty much what we did the rest of the weekend :)


Saturday evening my sweet sister-in-law had her birthday, so we celebrated with them at their home. Love all their pets!



On Sunday we enjoyed the day. Went and saw Start Wars (which was good BTW) and came home to this silly kitty who gets in the craziest of places.


Sunday evening we went and walked our local light trail. It's a tradition we do each year by grabbing gas station hot chocolate and coffee and then walking the trail. It was chilly last night so we were all bundled up. 

On a side note - I am obsessed with my blanket scarf!

This morning Olly had made Cadence breakfast. She passed on the marshmallow, syrup, pop tart covered spaghetti but she appreciated the effort. Hah!


Hard to believe we only have 3 more mornings with Olly. 

I'm not sure how many more years our sweet girl is going to believe in this tiny elf so we are soaking it all in!

Happy Monday!

1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger