To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 12, 2014

Friday Faves


Momfessionals

I'm back for another edition of Friday Favorites. I mean, let's be honest, it's Friday so it's naturally a favorite right? Click the button to join in on the fun, let's get started, shall we?

//

My computer is back up and running. He was sick with a virus and the doctor took care of him. No joke y'all, the struggle was real. My eyes are shit to begin with (legit, I have one of the highest prescriptions for my contacts!) so having to squint to view a small laptop was no good - so glad to have my big monitor back!

//

I have a hair appointment this afternoon to finally go blonde with my ombre look. Since my hair is so dark we had to go in steps, first with a caramel, and now with the blonde, to ensure the blonde would stay without turning brassy or orange. I am so excited. I've wanted blonde in my hair for several years and I sure hope it turns out as I want it to. Here is my hair pinspiration (get it? Pinterest!)

ombre hair : This is going to be my college hair style

cute ombre

Swoon!

//

Cadence has a pageant coming up and our most favorite thing of all is trying on dresses. We always rent because she only does one to two pageants a year and I'm not about to go drop a lot of money on a dress she's going to wear one time. We have an appointment tomorrow to try some on and I think both of us are equally as excited. The room is full of glitter, sparkles and shine. What's not to love?!

I'll have to share some dress pics come Monday.

//

We are officially two weeks away from our vacation as of today. Wow! The time has flown and now that it's so close it's creeping by. I guess that's how it goes, right?

Cadence has been watching one Disney movie each night to count it down. Funny thing is Cinderella 1, 2, and 3 have been played back to back to back. That child has been on a Cinderella kick lately. It's funny how children can love one thing one minute and something totally different the next.

She also has been loving school. Not even on day one has she fought going. On Saturday afternoons she always asks, "is it school tomorrow?" I love that she loves to learn. I always get so excited opening up her book bag in the afternoons to see what new things she has learned or done that day.

//

Maybe it's just me, but I truly do not understand bankruptcy...if you do, please explain.

Teresa Guidice (RHONJ) is one of my favorites. I love her tell it like it is attitude and how she doesn't apologize for who she is, but I don't understand how they have "no money" yet they are still driving around in their brand new Mercedes SUV and you're constantly seeing tweets and celebrity bloggers posting about how she just recently got botox, fillers, and going on lavish vacations with her husband. I though bankruptcy meant you were broke? Am I wrong?!

//

I'm so happy it's Friday! I cannot wait to spend some quality time with my family this weekend.

xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger