To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 2, 2014

weekend | Greenville, SC | random

We had nothing special planned for Labor Day weekend. Tarl is in the process of building Cadence a swingset and playhouse so he got up early Saturday morning and worked on that a little bit and I started to give my house a good deep cleaning. I got everything done except for the sweeping and mopping and before I started I told Cadence to go outside and help daddy while I could sweep and mop without little foot prints on the floor.

As I walked her outside Tarl looked at me and said, it's really hot out here, do you want to go for a long drive today? I said of course!

As I was putting my makeup on he said for me to pack an overnight bag, just in case. So I did.

We traveled to northern South Carolina. Taking in the beautiful houses on the hills, corn fields, and several cow pastures along the way with absolutely no plans set in place, until we came across a pond with too much water overflowing that reminded me of a waterfall. I looked at Tarl and said it would be beautiful to see a waterfall one day, he said, "why not today", and off we were to Greenville, South Carolina.

We arrived in Greenville at 5pm and checked into the Hilton. We let Cadence swim in the pool while we relaxed and looked at which trail we would walk the following morning. We chose Raven Cliff Falls, which is South Carolina's tallest waterfall.

My nephew just recently moved to Clemson to attend college, so he met us for dinner on Saturday evening to catch up, along with his lovely girlfriend, Olivia.

We said goodbye and went back to the hotel to catch some sleep before our big walk to the waterfall. (It was 2.2 miles one way!)

We got up early on Sunday and headed to the falls. It was perfect with the overcast sky and shady path at a mid 70 degrees. The trail was lush with foliage and trees and the waterfall was amazing!

Road Trip Selfie!






She loved our hotel - can't you tell?!



What dinner is complete without frozen yogurt afterwards?




Tarl sat down to take a break once we arrived at the falls while Cadence and I took in the sights. It was a long ass walk so I couldn't blame him. After a few minutes he got up and came and looked with us and it was such a special moment for our little family.

Before we left he asked me to go and sit down where he sat and that is where I saw this.


It truly is the littlest things that make my heart melt. This meant so much to me! He was completely spontaneous with this overnight trip for us. It's a great feeling when you know your significant other loves you unconditionally and I have no doubts in my mind that my husband does. 

What a true blessing he is in our lives, not only as a husband, but as a father too!


//

We got home on Sunday afternoon and relaxed for a while before I finished cleaning by sweeping and mopping. On Monday morning we woke up and headed to Target to look around and go ahead and purchase our travel sized necessities (mini shaving creams, mini toothpastes, etc.)

Cadence and I also got the starting accessories for our Halloween costumes (more to come on that!)

With the fall decorations being displayed and September finally arriving I have decided to decorate my house for Fall this week. I love this time of year, it is my most favorite!

We also purchased Season 2 of Game of Thrones, again, if you have not seen this series, what are you waiting for?!

//

As nice as the weekend was it sure did go by quickly and before I knew it I was sitting at my work desk this morning, but I have some exciting Disney news to share. 

Be Our Guest is Disney's newest, most hardest restaurant to get into. Reservations, even at 180 days our are impossible to get. 

Be Our Guest is located in Beauty & the Beast's castle in Magic Kingom. They serve french inspired lunch and dinner cuisine.

Although it is Disney's most popular restaurant at the moment we were not wanting to eat here for dinner due to the fact that it is not a character dinner experience. However we knew we wanted to eat here for lunch. 

Lunch lines at Be Our Guest can be over two hours and we just are not the type of people to wait that long for lunch, so daily I have tried to get a lunch reservation with no luck, but I have been persistent and have checked daily. With a reservation you don't have to wait over 30 minutes.

Well my friends, persistence paid off because I got lunch reservations this morning!

Every reservation has been made. We have received our luggage tags and our Magic Bands should be in any time now. The only thing left for us to do is pack and I'm starting on those lists this week...less than 30 days now!

Happy Monday friends!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger