To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 23, 2014

It's Fall Y'all

Sweet, sweet Fall has arrived, officially!

I thought I'd celebrate by sharing some fall pictures from last year.

Fall officially starts today, but in our little town us locals start it off at our annual festival.

Last year Cadence represented the festival as Wee Miss Jasper County. It turned out to be a warm but beautiful fall day. 


We watch the parade and walk around and see the local vendors and their beautiful products.


We also visit the great Pumpkin Patch during October. It's so much fun picking out our pumpkin and coming home and carving our design.










Some time during October we also visit Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia. It's not too hot, not too cold and the beautiful cotton fields on the way are magnificent!






We also do Church festivals and always make time for face painting :)





I love October for the month itself. The smells, Halloween and all things pumpkin, but it's also my birthday so that's just something extra special to add onto it...last year Tarl took me to the Melting Pot and surprised me with roses and this delicious cake! What I love about the Melting Pot is they don't sing to you...yay!



Before we know it, Halloween arrives, along with all of it's fun and those delicious little treats we have to eat annually.











Like candy corn M&M's and pumpkin shaped candy corn.



And who can forget those beautifully decorated Krispy Kremes?!



Pumpkin Cheesecake!



Halloween Peeps!



There is nothing more fun (in my opinion) then skeet shooting or target shooting when there is a chill in the air, and camping out afterwards after you've roasted marshmallows by the fire.



I am smitten with fall decor!
Pumpkins and mums and scarecrows galore!





We also do special Fall crafts each year.
Last year we made these pumpkins, this year we made the Fall sign above our fireplace.





The sweaters, oh how I love warm cozy sweaters!



Before I know it, October 31st has come and gone and as much as I love Thanksgiving, well I'll let the meme below explain it for me :)



Ahaha forreal though......



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger