To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 8, 2014

Friday Night Lights

Showered With Design

We went to our hometown Football game on Friday night. It's the same school my daughter attends so we cheer them on now more so than we have done in the past. They won by a landslide so it was a good night. It wasn't super hot outside and no one was sweating but I'm still impatiently waiting on when I can wear a scarf and boots, comfortably. Cadence had a blast playing with all her little friends and it was Military Appreciation Night so a beautiful Marine Corps band played during half time.






On Saturday we decorated our house for Fall. We still have some finishing touches, like some fall decor for the front door and a table runner for my dining room. I always like to decorate with pumpkins and leaves (fall related) and try my best to stray away from Halloween. Just for the simple fact that the decorations carry over for Thanksgiving, Halloween does not, but Cadence adores Halloween decorations so we always decorate one table just for that.








Before I knew it, Sunday came and went. It was a beautiful day and we cooked out with my parents to finish off the weekend.

This morning the pumpkin cheesecake was out! Holla!


I couldn't snag a piece fast enough. 

We are officially under 20 days for our vacation...so exciting!

Happy Monday Friends!


3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I love all the little decorations for fall! I need to buy some to display! or DIY craft some

    Thanks for linking up for our weekend recap!
    -Lisa
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fall decor!! Pumpkin cheesecake! I love any and everything pumpkin.

    Thanks for linkin' up!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger