To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 11, 2014

Never Forget

It's hard to believe that it has been 13 years since the attacks on our nation.
I truly remember that day like it was yesterday. Where I was, what I was doing...

There were so many innocent people who said goodbye to their loved ones that day not knowing it would be their last. Moms, dads, wives and husbands. Aunts, uncles, siblings and friends.

The thought of losing any of my family members puts a pit deep in the bottom of my stomach and I hope I never have to endure the pain and suffering that some people are still going through today, even after all these years. 

Like most of you probably remember, there were several stories of wives calling their husbands from the towers to say goodbye. There were several voicemails left on answering machines with terror in their voice. What a tragic time in our nation.

I am so glad that we have prevailed. That we have and will continue to stand strong as one. 

I will be praying hard tonight for the families who are still affected by this heinous crime committed on September 11, 2001. May they feel peace and may God wrap his loving arms around them and give them the comfort that they so desperately need. 

May we never forget!

God Bless America!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger