To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 17, 2014

Let's Chat

It's been a while since we've had a random "Let's Chat", so why not today...

We are now in the single digits of our Disney vacation! The past 200 days have flown by, and now that we're down to 9 they are dragging ass. Sorry for the language but there just isn't any other way to put it.

...

Do people still read blogs? As of recent it seems that posts are dwindling as well as comments and just social interaction altogether. I'm not talking about my blog either. I'm talking about blogs as a whole. It's sad really. I love to blog and write...it's nice to be able to share it with others but I guess that's what twitter and instagram are for now, right? Speaking of...


...

Do you ever want something so bad you can taste it? New York is that for me. I want to visit so badly it hurts...I mean just look at the architectural beauty of the city itself!

1 World Trade Center and the New York City skyline in the Financial District after sunset
via

Bow Bridge, Central Park Autumn
via

New York City - Trinity Church - Wall Street & Broadway - Financial District
via

You can see all my New York pins and more by clicking on my Pinterest below!



...

Hometown football is Friday. The kids at Cadence's school get to run out on the field with the players right before the game starts so she is beyond excited about that. That's what I love about her school, they involve the children and the parents. I love knowing what she's doing and learning and the fact that she can have fun at extracurricular activities, like football :)

...

Garth Brooks is the man, point blank! It's no big secret that his music isn't on iTunes due to the fact he likes to sell his songs as an album instead of one single track. This is where Ghost Tunes comes in to play. TBH I don't quite understand it. Does it get automatically downloaded to my phone or do I have to do all of that work. Has anyone tried Ghost Tunes yet? If so, do tell...

...

I'm loving the smells of Fall that permeates throughout all the department stores now. Whether you walk in Belk or Starbucks, there is some type of pumpkin smell wafting throughout the room and it smells delicious. I don't know what my favorite smell is, pumpkins or pine trees (Christmas).

...

I was bored today and listened to a lot of cover songs on YouTube by random people and wow. Some people have such an amazing talent and voice. I sure wish I did...but I sure don't! #dogsbarking

Happy Hump Day Friends!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger