To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 15, 2014

weekend

What a weekend, but first, how about them Gamecocks, hey Lauren?

In all seriousness, it was a great game. I'm not a HUGE football person, but those are the games that are interesting to watch. So close you are at the edge of your seat. Georgia played well, but we took the title. Holla!

//

Friday after I got off work I headed straight to the salon and finished my lighter look by getting blonde tips at the end of my hair. I couldn't be happier with the results. My sister did a fabulous job and it was just what I needed, at least for now. 

I am one who changes my hair every three months or so, but for now I'm loving it. 

What can I say? Obsessing over hair runs in my family and before long I'm sure I'll want it back to black, so get ready Tesha!


It is definitely something to get used to but wowza - finally blonde with no brassiness to it! Love!

We hung around the house on Friday night and snuggled with our girl in her bedroom, normally it's in our big bed, but something about her pink room is so cozy. We read books and played "tickle monster" and it was so fun! One of my favorite books we have collected for Cadence throughout the years is called Dream Big Little Pig. It's such a cute book with a great moral to it. Tarl read this one to his girls while we snuggled and listened like we had never heard it before, even though we know the book word for word. Such a special moment. Even Rosie and Hector the cat were in the room. Our entire little family.





On Saturday morning we had our appointment with our Pageant Dress lady. She rents out pageant dresses at a steal compared to buying one. She is so talented with her dress making and it's so hard to choose just one dress from the array of dresses she has to choose from. 

She's been our dress rental lady for the past 4 years and although she has several dresses to choose from and try on, each time we go we are there for only a few minutes because once Cadence tries on a dress that suits her, it's like we know.

We tried on a hot pink beauty and although it was gorgeous, it just wasn't "the one". We tried on a purple dress, although I'm not a fan of the color itself, and wouldn't you know, it was amazing on Cadence!


Stunning!

Saturday afternoon we checked the mail and my BH Cosmetics products arrived. Their bronzer is beautiful but I am smitten over their blush palette. The best part is the price, especially since the quality is on point. You're getting a designer blush palette at a drug store price!





I love every single color in this palette. The neutrals are a perfect color for those days you don't feel like wearing a ton of makeup or are going for a more natural bronzy look. The pinks and violets are a great Spring color, and the warm hues are perfect for the Fall and Winter months. The two end colors that are dark pink and red are a good date night color if you are wanting a more sultry look.

I've swatched each color and there truly isn't one I don't like!

Seriously, buy this palette!

Sunday Funday was just that. We stayed around the house and watched brand new bitties be born. Cadence you know, if you have read this blog for a while, is a true bitty lover and they are just precious!


We also went over to Grandma's and got spoiled with an ice cream cone - she loves them, if you couldn't tell :)


We went and got some snacks for the week and I couldn't resist picking up these Smore's flavored candy corn - wow, that's all I'm going to say!


We finished the weekend watching Disney movies snuggled in bed. Before I knew it she was out and so was Hector. He loves his human, and she loves him :)

I can't believe how big Hecky has gotten. He turned one year in April and I never thought I was a cat lover until he has came into our lives. He is hilarious and truly has his own personality. 

I love how he watches over her. Whether outside or inside, he walks right beside her and doesn't leave her side - what a sweetheart!


I thought I would share the text I received from Tarl this morning:

I really do love you alot.
Just the thought of not being with you kills me.
Having those dreams are awful and are very eye opening.
I need to always show you that I love you and not assume you just know.
I love you so much, have a great day.

He had a dream last night that I was gone. Terrible dream, but this text was just about the sweetest thing I could have received on a Monday morning. 

I truly do have the best husband ever!

Have a blessed Monday friends!





1 comment

  1. That dress does look amazing on your little girl! It looks like it fits her really well. Pageants are a freaking fortune. I did them all through high school and college and after until I aged out. And yes, go cocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger