To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites: Fall Edition

Click the pic to join the fun!

Momfessionals

Cadence loved the countdown that was left on her door by Mickey & Minnie. Each morning she tears a new chain off and when all done we're headed to Disney! Although Disney isn't necessary Fall related like my title ensues, we're travelling their in the fall so that counts, right?




Tinkerbell is officially gone now...the days are passing quickly.
Cadence says that Snow White is the next to go. 

We also got our luggage tags in the mail yesterday (insert Vicki Woo-Hoo here!) And I got the email this morning that our Magic Bands have shipped!


//

Football and Fall kinda go hand in hand. They each start around the same time and here in the South when the first games start, Fall starts along with it, even if it is still 90 degrees outside.

My husband and I are Gamecock fans, hell all of my family are Gamecock fans. Did we lose last night? Yes we did. Did we play well? Absolutely not. Do we have a lot of learning to do on that field? You bet your ass we do. However, I'm not a fair-weather fan. Just because my team is playing like crap doesn't mean I'm going to just all of a sudden quit cheering them on and root for another one.

FaceBook was filled last night with snarky comments from Clemson fans. My news feed was loaded with comments like, "how about them Gamecocks tonight?" and "there's always next year."

There's always next year!??  

It was the very first game of the season. South Carolina is known to play amazing one game and play the complete opposite the next. How can someone base the entire season off of one game, and a Clemson fan at that, when they haven't even played yet?!

I rarely comment or post on social media regarding football. I keep to myself because at the end of the day it's just a game and I don't win or lose anything from it. It just pisses me off when fans of a rival team talk shit but when it's their turn to get some heat when their team loses, they can't take it.

You know what momma says y'all, if you can dish it out, you better be able to take it!   

I'm a Gamecock fan. Win or lose. I wear my garnet proudly and get chills whenever we have the opportunity to head to Williams Brice. I am also from South Carolina, where Clemson is based out of. They are a South Carolina team. If they do well this year, I would be proud to say that they are out of SC, that's the difference between a fan and a sore loser though. A sore loser will hate a rival, regardless. They will be ignorant about it. I support SC the state. If SC the football team isn't playing I want to see Clemson do well, because they are a South Carolina team.

Just my opinion...

//

Once again, not necessarily Fall, but it's my blog, so...

How cute are these screenshots of my loves I took yesterday. Cadence loves Frozen blueberries, and she loves when they make an "Olaf"!



It's not often us women like a picture of ourselves. Let's be honest.

Tarl has swore off Nos Energy drinks, I haven't and I love them, as bad for you as they may be.
Yesterday morning I picked one up and snapped a pic to send to him to be jealous and realized I didn't look half bad, in fact I actually liked this pic of me. Let's face it, it's a rare occasion!


Being silly before school this morning.





//

 I don't care if it's still 90 degrees, the fall boots have officially came out and got dusted off this morning. 

Love love love 'em!


//

This weekend I will be making my pumpkin bread. It's absolutely delicious and involves only two ingredients. One can pumpkin and one box spice cake mix. Mix and bake at 350 for 30 minutes in a loaf pan, or cake pan if you don't have a loaf pan. #delish

I'm off early today and off Monday. I will also be taking a blogging break for the long weekend.

Have a happy, safe and Blessed labor day folks!



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger