To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 21, 2014

Loving!

Wet Brush - Neon Purple
Wet Brush

So apparently this has been around for a while. Why am I just now finding out about it?! I had my hair appointment last week and I hate brushing my hair when it's wet. It's tangled and just plain hurts, but when my stylist pulled this bad boy out, wow! Obsessed! I have a five year old daughter with long, sensitive hair and this is perfect because she doesn't even feel when I brush the tangles out. It's basically magic. Run, don't walk and get one, it will save your tangled hair.

//

I cannot wait for Falls arrival and have been obsessing over all things pumpkin, apples, and cinnamon. I've been eyeing tall boots, skinny jeans and chunky scarves for the past week and have even mentioned to my local baker to start early with the pumpkin cheesecakes :)

A fresh manicure with darker, more neutral hues is also on my list and Essie is on point with their 2014 Fall collection. Have you seen it yet? Love.

You can view the entire collection here, but I'm going to share with you my favorites.

dress to kilt - reds by essie
Essie's Dress to Kilt

take it outside - neutrals by essie
Essie's Take it Outside

style cartel - blues by essie
Style Cartel

It's a tough choice between all three to be honest. I definitely see my manicure future being filled with all three of these juicy colors. Essie, in my opinion, is always on point. I love the simple yet chic packaging and the colors never cease to amaze me. As long as I top with a good top coat, the color is set for days.

Good job Essie, good job! *claps hands*

xo




1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger