To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 14, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday


Click the button to link up and join the fun!

Thoughts for Thursday

Here are some books I have on my reading list that I heard were really good:


We Were Liars
Reason to Breathe
Barely Breathing
Out of Breath

The last three are a series. I think I may buy book #1 today and see how it goes. If I do, I'll let you know either way. I love going outside in the afternoon after the super heat has left, sitting in my Adirondack chair and reading a good book.

//

Getting my tooth pulled on Tuesday has been no fun. I had to have what they call oral surgery. It sounds a lot scarier than what it is because you don't have to get put to sleep and it only takes about 30 minutes, but they have to cut into your gum and bone to remove the tooth rather than just pull it out like they normally would. Don't worry, I didn't feel anything during but I sure have these past few days! I'm so ready for it to heal and be done with. I. Hate. The. Dentist! No offense doc!

//

To say I am ready for fall is an understatement! To me, there is no better time of year. I love the clothes. The smells of pumpkins, apples, and cinnamon. I love the cool breeze in the air at night. The football games. Sitting around with good company, a cold beverage and a warm fire. Ahhh...cannot wait!

Don't like Fall? Maybe these pictures will change your mind.

Essie -- "In Stitches"
Matte Fall Mani's - Essie's Fall Into Fashion
Monogrammed White Fleece Vest
Monogrammed White Fleece Vest by Marley Lilly 
These with dark denim skinny jeans and a boyfriend sweater. All about Fall fashion!
Battle Field Booties by Chinese Laundry (I love the tan!)
Beanie (inspired) Boots with Chunky Socks

Not to mention Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha and the beginning of the holidays!

//

Today after work I have a much anticipated hair appointment. I did highlights a few months back. I loved the look and how much they brightened my hair and gave me that summer glow I was looking for, but within a month they were growing out and it was time to have them retouched. I don't have an extra $60 a month to drop on hair, so I went back to my natural and that's when I saw Jana Kramers hair and fell in love. Her hair is dark and she has super bright tips and I thought wow, no touching up and yet it brightens your whole face. Let's do it!



I screenshotted this off of her Instagram page, which you can find here. I love her.
 Her music. Her style. Her hair!

This is my before:



And no, I didn't cut my hair, when I curl my hair it springs up a good 3".

I'm ready for 5:30! I'll share the after on Instagram so make sure you follow :)

//

I love the silly pics me and Cadence took on Tuesday. Love my girl!



//

We had to take family pictures yesterday for a school project they start on her very first day of school. I set up my Nikon and tripod and we quickly grabbed Hector and Rosie to get our entire family in one picture. It was hilarious. A cat, a dog, a five year old and two very hot and sweaty adults. (It was 100+ degrees outside!) Needless to say we were over it after about try #2, so we switched to inside and it turned out better. I'll be sure to share those pics with you soon - they're priceless! #RosieLovesTheCamera #HectorHatesIt

//

Happy Thursday friends.





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger