To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 5, 2014

July Favorites!

Once I get a good quality recorder that isn't my iPhone I'll start making videos instead of blog posts to do my monthly beauty faves. It would just be easier because Lord knows I love to ramble on and on about a good product. Anyways, until I get the recorder I want, blog posting my monthly faves it is. 



Obsessed may be an understatement on this. This was on sale at my local drugstore for $3.99. I have never used it before and to be honest I am not a huge fan of mousse products but for that price I knew I had to try because rarely are foundations under $6. I am so glad I did. 

They have 8 available shades so it would be so easy to find the tone that would best suit you. Currently I am 200 or Soft Beige because I have a pretty good tan going on (holla!) but when the fall arrives and my sunkissed look fades I know there will be more than just a couple options to choose from. It sells for around $5.99 on average - worth the spend!

//

Organix Argan oil of Morocco Body Wash makes me question how I have gone so long without it. The smell is absolutely amazing and it is so hydrating to my skin. Another perk is that it is sulfate free, so no harsh irritants to worry about. One thing to note about a sulfate free product is that it doesn't lather up like one with sulfate would. At first it's something to get used to, but once you do it's hard to go back. 

Another product I'm loving by Organix is their Moroccan Argan Oil. Again the smell is amazing and it not only tames my fly-aways but it leaves my hair feeling and looking smooth and silky!

Product view
via


I cannot wait to try their Sea Salt Spray. Have you tried it? Thoughts?

//

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but it's all about the beauty brushes in my opinion. There is nothing better then having a good makeup brush to apply it to your skin. there's a huge difference between pressing foundation into your skin and just smearing it around. You always want to press the liquid into your skin to ensure it lasts longer and doesn't leave a streaky look. I mean who wants that? Eek!

I first heard about Sigma brushes from YouTube. Vloggers from all around the world whether they promote high end products or low end products, they always tend to rave about Sigma brushes and now I know why. My first Sigma purchase was their F80 Flat Top Kabuki. I've used it every day since it first arrived and it's been the best foundation brush that I've ever had. My second Sigma purchase was their F65 Large Concealer brush. It blends concealer so beautifully you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Next on my "wish list" is Sigma's F05 Small Contour. It's the perfect brush to get into the hollow of those cheeks to provide a perfect contour with some bronzer. 

//

NYX cosmetics is one of my new Target faves. They're inexpensive products with a high end feel, in particularly their butter lipsticks! In the past month I've purchased two colors and like any good collector I want the set!



My first purchase was Snow Cap, which is a beige lipstick with pink undertones. In short, the perfect nude. My second butter lipstick was Cotton Candy which is a basic light pink color that gives your face that perfect pop of pink. They have 22 different shades to choose from and I am telling you to run, don't walk, to your nearest drug store or Target to pick up one of these babies. The color glides on without feeling sticky and lasts!





What are some of your favorite beauty products that are just as pretty to a gal on a budget?
I'm all ears...




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger