To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 25, 2014

weekend

Monday already!

But what a fun weekend. On Friday we kept it low key and had Mexican with the in-laws. It was delicious. 
We bought Season 1 of Game of Thrones because we heard it was the shit and it was!
Finished it this weekend and now am feening for Season 2! Great show!

On Saturday we headed to beautiful Beaufort. Tarl is in the process of building Cadence a swingset so he had to get some things, Cadence helped.



Afterwards we got some Bruster's ice cream, yummy!



Right across the street from Brusters is a small pond with dozens of geese, we loved watching them.


On Saturday afternoon we beat the heat by swimming in the pool with friends. So fun and so refreshing on such a hot day!


We woke up this morning to 70 degree weather and although it's still hot outside there is no humidity and it feels wonderful!

Our Disney countdown is at 31 days and I'm off to make these countdown hanging decorations for Cadence's bedroom door. We cut off a chain each day down. 

Disneyland Countdown with the Disney Princesses! How cute! #passporter
via
Mamas Like Me: Disney Countdown Ideas
via

Wish me luck! If all turns out well I'll post pics. 


2 comments

  1. Ahh I miss brusters so much! I used to love the white turtle and their oreo! Gosh I could go for some right now! Looks like you had a nice weekend! I hope you have great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper chain countdown!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger