To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 13, 2014

Thirty before Thirty

I had a tooth pulled yesterday so I took the day off to recover. It was a big ole tooth in the back and so broken down that they found best to remove it and eventually have a bridge put in. Don't worry, I don't look like a toothless hick, you can't even tell, but it is very sore today...ouch! I will tell you though, that in between appointments (that's right, it took two separate appointments on one day!) spending time with Cadence on an average Tuesday was so much fun. We played outside, visited with my sister and went uptown. Had we had enough time I would have took her to the library and/or the park, but my second appointment came before I knew it. I can't wait to be a SAHM and have all the time in the world with her, daily.

On to today's post...

I believe that pretty much everyone has a bucket list. It may not be as long as mine, but I'm sure everyone has a few things they would like to check off their list before they kick the bucket. If not, they should. It gives you something to hope and strive for.

Wildly popular now-a-days is the 30 before 30 list and boy is mine a list, let's get started shall we...


Some are self explanatory, but some I will touch base on. Carlo's Bakery is a given. I worked at a local bakery as soon as I graduated high school and fell in love with all things caked, baked and more. I love the show and how they are one huge family. I can't wait to try one of their lobster tails one day, and no, I don't mean the kind that swim in the sea!

We visited Atlantis for one day while on a cruise and fell in love. Tarl and I both want to go and stay for a long weekend. Number 20 and 28 kinda go hand in  hand, but I would love to take a European cruise and fill my passport with places like Italy and the Mediterranean!

I've loved riding horses all my life. Tarl and I did a horseback ride once through the Tennessee mountains and we always talk about how we want to go back one day, take Cadence, and do it together as a family.

Hopefully #26 I'll be able to do in September (more to come on this!). 

We also did #25 on that same Tennessee vaca we went horseback riding on. It was unbelievable and so thrilling in fact, I want to do it again before I'm 30!

I've had my belly button pierced, twice. I have seven tattoos. I've mastered one child birth and plenty of scrapes, cuts and bruises, but I've always been too chicken shit to get my cartilage pierced. It's on my list!

I've done #22 and it was horrible. Sleep sucked. I froze. I felt dirty. I want to try it again!


Tattoo #9 I want an anchor on the inside of my ankle and I want a cross (tattoo #8) on the opposite ankle.

I've always been drawn to beauty products. Makeup, hair, lotion, you name it, I love trying it. High end, low end, it doesn't matter...I'd love to start my own channel and share my thoughts, tips and tricks on certain products.

As much money as I spend on monogrammed items for not only Cadence but myself, I want to learn to do it myself. 

Number twelve (if all goes well) should happen 8 months before I turn 30!

There are plenty of places that I want to travel to before I'd see Maine or Washington, DC. Paris, England, Bora Bora, the list is endless. However a road trip with my family to tour all of the New England states in one trip that supersedes all of those. I've always imagined touring New England in the fall. That's the places where pumpkins and hay rides and witches truly started. I would love to spend the cooler months visiting each town/state listed below.


Tarl and I plan our vacations one year out. As stated before this gives us a substantial amount of time to save and decide fully on what we're going to do. I never thought in a million years Tarl would want to take a road trip as a vacation. Let alone a road trip up north, but when I mentioned to him that we should do it, he was all for it and we immediately started talking about the places we would want to visit and the pit stops we should take. 

Hopefully, if all goes well, we will be spending seven days touring the North East next Fall!

We've discussed the financial aspects of it and the places we want to see. 


We want to start our trip in Washington, DC. Spend a day taking in all the sites of our nations capital. We'll spend one night in DC, wake up early the next morning and road trip two hours to Philadelphia, PA. We obviously will munch on authentic Philly Cheesesteaks while touring the liberty bell and the several museums and parks throughout Philly. We'll stay the night in Philadelphia, wake up and take a short three hour drive to Connecticut. We'll drive slowly, taking our time and stopping at any local places we see fit to stop in making our way to Rhode Island. The drive from Connecticut to Rhode Island is only 1.5 hours so we'll do both of those states in one day stopping on the state line of Rhode Island and Massachusetts to stay somewhere for the night. Once we wake up the next morning we'll take a boat to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Martha's Vineyard is an island located south of Cape Cod and the only way to get there is to take a plane, helicopter or boat. I can't wait to take in the sight of cliffs on the beach and of course the gingerbread cottages!

We'll spend half the day in Martha's Vineyard taking pictures and of course the fresh seafood before we make the one hour drive to Boston, where we will spend a couple days. Of course Tarl will want to catch a game at Fenway Park and we'll have to visit the infamous Boston Harbor. After we've toured Boston it's on to Salem where we will end our trip. Salem, Massachusetts, the place where witches truly began. Tarl and I are both supernatural junkies. It truly creeps us out but we are both enamored by it. Salem is a must do stop on our road trip.

If we run into spare time we've agree'd that we would drive through both Vermont and New Hampshire, just to say we've been :)

I truly hope this road trip happens. Knowing that my husband is on board is amazing and I know Cadence would love the huge corn fields, gigantic pumpkins and actual hay rides in the crisp New England air. Of course she loves to travel as much as we do and that kid loves a museum and taking in new things.

Of course, New York is my one true love. New York however is not something I want to take Cadence to just yet. New York is such a vast city that I can't imagine little feet keeping up without being tuckered out, so she'll have a nice long weekend with family while we spend the time together for just the two of us - fingers crossed this trip comes before I'm 30...

Always live life to the fullest,


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger