To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 22, 2014

Friday Favorites


Momfessionals

Join the fun here, here, and here.

Per usual I am beyond happy that Friday is here!
Here are some of my favorites today!

//

My sister-in-law (soon to be, I hope) let me borrow a book a while back. I took it to work with me and it sat in my drawer until the internet went out yesterday. I had completely forgotten about the book and thank goodness I got bored due to the internet and opened my drawer to do some cleaning. I saw the book and thought, "what the hell". It was fantastic!

The Program (The Program, #1)
The Program by Suzanne Young
The Program is a 405 page book that I read in under 3 hours, that's how good it was. It's crazy good and I was so upset when I finished reading, only to find out that Mrs. Young came out with book #2, The Treatment, which I just purchased onto my Kindle and will start later on this afternoon. 

//

Fall is coming! I said Fall is coming! As of today, we are officially one month away from the official start of Autumn. If you're a new reader you should know that Fall is my favorite time of the year. Crisp air, the smell of apples and cinnamon and all things pumpkin and burlap consume my house, including food.


These Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls look amazing.

Pumpkin Cake Balls - easy, fun and yummy. What's not to love?
Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls via Back to Her Roots

I think Cadence and I may start on the fall goodies this weekend!

//

Today completes my baby's first full week in Kindergarten. I am so proud of her. She has done tremendously well interacting with others, playing, learning and being well behaved. She loves school and can't wait for it to start. I'm so happy that she is enjoying it and day by day it's getting easier on me. 

//


It's Friday sweet friends, have a great weekend!




P.S. Vacation countdown - 35 days, let's here a Vicki Woo-Hoo!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger