To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 28, 2014

Sweet T

When you first start dating every thing is perfect. Each time you see one another the butterflies build up in your tummy and a smile is instantly spread across your faces.

As the days pass and the two of you steady grow closer, the typical questions arise from family members and friends, "When are you two going to get married?"

As the years pass and that magical day arrives new questions come with it, "When are you going to start a family?"

Before you know it you're peeing on sticks, have an ever growing bump on your belly along with swelling face, feet and every other imaginable body part. A room in  your house turns into a plethora of pink or blue and before you know it, it's no longer just the two of you.

Babies are the most precious gift from God. However, it's also one of the most stressful times in a marriage. The routine that the two of you have built over several years has all of a sudden changed, drastically. You no longer intertwine your feet in the bed because even though you swore up and down your little one would sleep in their crib, somehow they always manage to find their way in between the two of you.

Date nights are minimal and your finances dwindle faster than they ever have before. Between formula, diapers, snacks, clothes and the other 1000 items you need stress is another addition to the family.

If you are one of the lucky ones though, you get through it and it makes you stronger than you once were.

Marriage, along with parenthood is not easy, but it sure is a journey worth taking.

For the most part marriage is a piece of cake, for me it is anyway. I can honestly say werarely have an argument that lasts over 10 minutes, and when we do making up is always fun ;)

I'm a sucker for love. I always had a boyfriend, even if they weren't a gentleman, I was the type of girl who never wanted to be alone. I liked snuggles and kisses and special treats on my birthday. (*Sidenote - I once got broke up with on my birthday...what a present, right!?) Moving on...I'm a firm believe in soul mates. I think that God does have that special one just for you. I'm lucky enough to have found mine at 15 years old.

Tarl and I have been together for 12+ years now. He amazes me daily. He not only provides financially for our family, but he still looks at me like he did when we first met 12 years ago.

Now that Cadence is older (and sleeps in her own bed) the snuggling has found it's way back into our lives.

We are always making each other laugh in some way or another, even if not on purpose.

He is simply amazing. He is always surprising me with something, something that I didn't deserve.

As cliche as it sounds he truly treats me like a princess and I am so blessed to have such a loving, supportive, family man in my life.

I love the family we have made together and I love the fact that our relationship is more stronger now than it ever has been before. He is my rock and I couldn't imagine my life without him.








 I love that even after all these years the butterflies still flutter. I love that we are the epitome of "high school sweethearts" having met in 10th grade. I love that God chose him, just for me.

I love you Sweet T, always.

yep,this is how I feel ♥ (love my husband)



1 comment

  1. This was so sweet! I love the last pic w/ the beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger