To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 18, 2014

Weekends & Dry Sockets

This weekend was another great one in the books other than my tooth.

If you're just now a follower of my blog let me catch you up. I had an oral surgery to have a tooth removed on Tuesday, however the pain kept getting worse and worse.

I made an appointment for this morning on Friday afternoon which means I suffered all weekend with horrible pain. I was throwing back Ibuprofen like they were M&M's, literally!

Anyways, on Friday night we ventured off to Hilton Head and ate at Carabba's, then we headed to get some ice cream and a walk on the beach. The weather was beautiful and you actually needed a light jacket because of the water and wind. I loved it!











Saturday morning we vowed to do something different so we headed off to Savannah and visited the UGA aquarium. It's a small little aquarium out on Skidaway Island, but the views and aquarium itself were well worth the trip! We all loved it and then we saw the walking trails. At first we were dreading the walk in the heat, but with all the mossy oaks and overcast skies it was perfect, we didn't even break a sweat.

















Oh, and just for kicks, remember those pictures I was telling you about. The family pics that we attempted to take in 100+ degree weather, (what a joke!) here they are!



Y'all, it was so hot and we attempted a fall look with jeans...never again!

We ran inside and took this with the pets...


Gotta love that the whole family is in it, Hector & Rosie included. Tarl and I died laughing at the fact that Rosie is loving taking the picture and Hector is looking up at him like, really dude, you're going to make me take a damn picture?!

On another note, a dry socket is no joke. I had a post op appointment with the dentist today and turns out that's what is causing all the pain. Essentially bone fragments are supposed to come out and they never did so it has turned into a raging infection. He put on a new prescription and gave me some heavy pain meds. I hope this clears it. Tooth aches and ear aches are the worst!

Happy Monday friends, whose ready for the weekend already?!

Me!



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger