To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 8, 2014

Finally Friday

*As of today we are officially less than 50 days from our Disney trip. Can I get a Vicki "woohoo"?!

2014 Disney World Packages May Be Coming Soon! - They're OUT and we are BOOKED!  March 1, 2014!!!  WOO HOO!!

*So I'm going to let you in on a little random fact, I have never in my life wore red lipstick, however I think it is the most classiest makeup look paired with a messy bun and big sunnies. 

top knots and sock buns for every occasion - love her gorgeous bun and lipstick
via
I just personally feel like I couldn't pull it off. I steer clear of colors that draw massive attention to my lips but I am starting to feel more daring towards it. I'm loving all the reds below...


The Best Red Lips
via

*My baby girl will officially be a kindergartner one week from today. It's so crazy how time flies. I remember bringing her home from the hospital. Being scared out of my mind at the thought of being a new parent and having no clue. I remember wishing for her to be 5 and be in school and be able to communicated because I thought it wouldn't be so scary. It's funny because in a blink of an eye that time is here and now I wish I could rewind!

*This dress makes me wish I had some fabulous event to attend just so I could wear it. I'm not a fan of red in color but I love a sultry red dress!

Gorgeous long red dress.
via

*Tarl and I plan our vacations a year out. It gives us an adequate amount of time to save up for it, plan it well and get prepared. It's about that time to start planning since we will be taking our vacation in the Summer of 2015 and we are leaning towards Atlantis. Thoughts? We've gone to Atlantis for a day while on a cruise and had a blast. We wanted to stay so bad. I think a week would be wonderful, but then again endless beaches, water parks, cocktails, five star food. It sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Maybe I'm just feening for a vacation at this point. Maybe a cruise. I don't know. We still have plenty of time to plan it. 

*I'm so happy the weekend is upon us. It's been a busy work week and I'm ready to relax with my family. 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger