To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 15, 2014

A Little Don't Worry Be Happy...

Wow - today is a big day for our family. Our baby girl started her very first day of Kindergarten. The cliche thing to say is where did the time go? But really, where did it go?

We dropped her off and she did great. She walked right in, bookbag in tow and said bye mom and dad. I did good too, until we got home to get ready to head to work, that's when I lost it.

Whoever came up with the term bittersweet definitely had a child starting school. You are so proud and happy and sad all at the same time.






It's hard not to worry about your child when they are going through a huge transition, like the start of school. I just have to remember not to worry and just be happy.

Speaking of happy. I love the way my hair turned out. After lots of google images and Pinterest searches this is the color I wanted!


I love how it turned out. I decided last minute not to do the bright blonde tips because I was scared they would turn orange and not look as well in the long run. I'm so glad I went with a caramel color...love it!



And yes, I know my ends need trimming something awful, but ya girl wasn't just ready for scissors to get close just yet. Maybe next time boo...

Happy Friday y'all!



1 comment

  1. Cadence is soooo cute!!! I love her lunchbag and bookbag!!! Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger