To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 11, 2014

Time for us

I remember being little and every other Saturday heading to Savannah with my mom. She'd go and get her a fresh manicure and afterwards we'd go to the beanie baby store (back when they were the shit) and she'd let me pick out one new beanie baby. It was something that I looked forward to and I want to have those same special moments with Cadence, so this week I started just that, minus the beanie baby. :)

On Saturday while out looking for school shoes, Tarl said he wanted to go into Dick's Sporting Goods and look around. Tarl, like any window shopping loving woman, can look around in Dicks for a solid hour so when I saw the nail place right beside it, I said come on Cadence let's go get our nails done.

She loved it. I loved it and she felt like such a little princess getting her very own manicure. Tarl loved looking around at every bow, gun and camouflage accessory without me nagging him too!



Just look at that smile! If you want to see what our manicures look like, follow me on Instagram.

I love that we spent an hour doing something so girly and something that we did together for just the two of us. I love family time when it's all three of us, but always make special time for just the two of you. Tarl loves to take Cadence golfing with him in the fall. They'll wake up early on Saturday mornings and go hit a few rounds. She loves riding on the golf cart with him and at the course they go to there are always deer and turkeys wandering around. I love that we both have our own special memories to make with her.

//

I've had the hardest time finding affordable Disney pajamas in Cadence's size. I wanted to surprise her each morning with new PJ's to wear that evening while we are in Disney and yet I've only been able to find one pair that we could afford, because mama ain't paying over $10 for some PJs. Well I hit the mother load this weekend at Walmart. They must have got a new shipment in because they had every Disney PJ imaginable in every size offered. Score! We were there grocery shopping and just for the heck of it I took a peak because normally Walmart doesn't have a lot of options (let's be honest). Well sure enough there were many familiar faces, Belle, Rapunzel, Tinkerbelle, Aurora, Minnie, etc. I am now all stocked up in PJs and can't wait to see her face when she gets that daily surprise!

//

Coming up this week on the blog I'll be bringing you my 30 before 30 post. I've always had a bucket list that goes on for days, but I'll be narrowing it down to my top 30 and the trick is to accomplish them in the next few years before I hit that dreaded number. I'm also going to be doing the Blogmopolitan Quiz and this Friday I'll be sharing with you my baby girls very first day of school pictures, tears of me and all! Please pray for me. I thought her going to school would be great in my opinion, now that it's closer and only a few days away I'm not liking the thought of her being at school all day without the sitter we love or me :(


P.S. Only 19 Saturdays until Christmas! It seems so close when you think about it that way! I can't wait!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger