To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 15, 2015

Have you been Skimm'd?


Each morning after my alarm goes off and after I hit the snooze button a few times, I take a big stretch and then open my emails. This gives me a few minutes to wake up and see whats new on my favorite daily emails. Some of you may know about these websites, others may not, so I wanted to share.


Basically it's the important news in the world, broken down into short, edited paragraphs. If you're anything like me you don't watch the news or read the news. I'll be the first one to admit when everything was going on with Isis, I had no clue what it even meant, stood for, etc. Skimm'd breaks it down for you and lets you know what's going on. Now if someone brings up recent political content, breaking celebrity news or something else of relevance I'm aware and can hold my own in conversation. 

Jane, Groopdealz, and Sassy Steals provide me with a daily email with a lot of cute boutique items at discounted prices. 

Kraft is another favorite as it gives me new recipes ideas, and let's face it, that's always needed. I'm constantly talking about how I need new recipes or dinner ideas and a daily email from Kraft provides just that. 

All of these are free services and it's as simple as providing your email address. The Skimm and Kraft email me once a day, Monday - Friday and the boutique's email me seven days a week. Since signing up for these, months ago, I've not had any spam or junk mail from them. Just the daily email they promised. 

I'm always looking for a good website find or a good boutique that sends emails. Do you know any? If so, do tell!

1 comment

  1. I love The Skimm. It is the first email I read when I get to my office. It is so handy and up to date. Also going back a few posts to Vander Pump Rules- Stassi is living in New York but will be on the next season as a "visiting" part. I can't wait to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger