To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 23, 2015

Waiting on Spring...




It has felt like Spring the last two days here in the lowcountry, which is just a tease but it sure did get my mind racing with spring attire.

I am obsessed with anything monogrammed, aren't we all?!

These Tory Burch Monogrammed Flat Thong Sandals are gorgeous in this Camellia Pink color, but she also offers them in Black or Red. In my opinion though, this color is on point and would go with just about anything, however, at $125 for a pair of Sandals, I may just go buy three little gold letters and glue them on my Target sandals that cost me $7.99.


  
    MONOGRAM FLAT THONG SANDAL
    - BLACK


Speaking of Spring, I looked at my maxi dresses this morning, put my hands on them and said, "soon enough ladies, soon enough."




I am in dire need of a manicure. My nails are ridiculous. I've never been into dark colors. When black was trending I never once wore it. Just not my style, but a lighter color gray is right up my alley, I'm loving these manicured looks!

Essie: ☆ Take It Outside ☆ ... from the Essie Dress To Kilt Collection of Fall 2014. GREAT formula!

Single leopard print.

Fall Nail Ideas. @Nicole Novembrino Novembrino Novembrino Novembrino Marino maybe these?

OPI’s French Quarter For Your Thoughts

Of course, a nice crisp beige or white is always in style.

Stripe and sparkle wedding nails

OPI "Mimosas for Mr & Mrs". Perfect nude nail color

Blush.




Only Sixty more days to go before we venture off to #1 on my bucket list, New York City. I know it still seems like a long time away, but considering when I first started this countdown on Christmas Day at 90+ days...60 doesn't sound so bad. 

I'm ready to start writing out my packing lists. It's going to be hard since we're flying and I'm going to prepare outfits instead of just packing what I want. I can't have too much packed since we have a weight limit on checked luggage.

It's so hard to think about what I'm going to wear because March weather in NYC is so finicky. One minute it can be a beautiful 70 degree day and the next in the mid 30s.





Bucket List Journey posted the 25 Things to Do in Savannah and can you believe I have only done 5 of them! Seriously have lived here all my life and only five!

I've ate at #7 but never tried the bucket list item they speak of.

Number 5 we talked about just the other day and that's next on my list as I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Mrs. Wilkes.

I've done a few of #9 but there are so many gorgeous mossy oak squares in Savannah and I want to see all of them.

I want to do #10 with Cadence. She would just adore it!


So far I've done #2, #20, #21, #23 and #25.




It's Friday. Happy Weekend!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger