To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 9, 2015

The First Five of 2015

It's Friday and that makes me one happy girl. We're taking our first little getaway of 2015 this weekend by venturing up to Macon, GA to visit with our grandparents.

Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram @BlueJeanMiranda or by searching the hashtag #GramFam2015

Let's jump right into my very first Five on Friday for 2015...




Valentine's decor is officially up in our house. I never go all out for Valentine's Day but it's nice to have a lot of girly colors floating around for a month or so. Tarl doesn't mind all the pink and Cadence and I sure love it.


Our entry table is always one of my favorite spaces to decorate. It's the first thing that guests notice when they walk in your home so I always try to have a nice little print out there to welcome them as they walk in. 


The printout I found online, free. I never pay for printouts because there are so many freebies online and on Pinterest. If you're like me and don't have a color printer just go to your local UPS store and print it out there on their cardstock for around $0.75 or have it printed at your local photo printer 
(i.e. Walgreens). I have a print out for every significant holiday in the year. 

The Live/Love/Laugh mini vase I found at the dollar store last year 
along with the foam hearts on a stick. 


One of my favorite scriptures, it was also read at our wedding.


The pink marshmallows and mints were leftover from Christmas and are still tasty so I left those inside the apothecary jars since they're pink and red as it goes with the Valentine's Day theme. I took the candy canes out of the mini jar and stuffed heart shaped peeps inside. As you can see some sneaky little six year old has snagged a couple. 


Our side table in the living room is a place we set our food, drinks, snacks, homework. You name it, it goes on this table during the day so I never load it down with too much, but a heart shaped vase and more foam hearts on a stick (all found @ Dollar Tree) and the little wooden Love sign (Target) fits just perfectly in the corner.


So if you don't already know I'm a Food Network junkie. In my past life I'm pretty sure I was some type of chef or food critic but we'll never know. My favorite show is Chopped. I love how you have to turn ingredients, that aren't very popular, into a beautiful dish and serve it to prominent chefs known throughout the world for them to judge it. Pressure much?

My three favorite judges are Scott Conant, Chris Santos and Geoffrey Zakarian. I just adore them. They are brutally honest, tell it like it is and don't mind hurting your feelings if the dish is less than perfection. All three judges own or have owned restaurants in New York City and Tarl and I plan on visiting one, if not two, of their restaurants while we are there (more to come on that later). 

Anyways, I tweeted Chris Santos last night and he retweeted me. I Instagrammed Scott Conant and he liked my Instagram picture that I posted. I'm still waiting on a tweet or retweet from Chef Zarakarian and my Chopped life will be made!



Now I get that a retweet and liking one photo isn't a big deal to some, but the fact that my most favorite chefs in the world took the time to push a button on their phone to recognize a fan - pretty damn cool if you ask me.

 Come on Chef Zakarian get to pushing that retweet button. Imagine if he responds?!




I pride myself on being a pretty crafty person. Especially when it comes to Cadence and all her little projects that she has to do for school. With this being her first year in school and Valentine's Day quickly approaching I want to do something really clever for the kids in her classroom and I thought this was the cutest idea.

Cute Valentine idea! Hey ValentineI Dig You  Label Tag Sticker by by FlairDesigneryLLC, $9.00
via



This outfit screams my style in the Spring. When the days are a mixture of warm and cool air so you still need something light on your arms - this is that for me! I love everything about this outfit, including the simple white sneakers, boyfriend jeans and a plain white long sleeve tee adorned with the plaid scarf. Absolute simple perfection.



Happy Friday Friends - I hope that each of you have a great and blessed weekend.
Hopefully Monday won't come too soon...


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger