To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 27, 2015

Friday...You Mean FriYay!

Whew...I'm glad this week is in the books. Not a rough week but I'm sure not going to complain now that Friday is here. Plus it's only a half day at work and then I'm off to see my little rascal have her hoedown at school. I mean how precious is that going to be?!

                                       


As promised here are my Easter decorations. I am loving the colors that are in my house right now. Pastel everything! Excuse the crappy pictures but it was night outside when I took these and it's not like I was pulling out the Nikon to snap a few pics, so iPhone pics are what you're getting :)



My apothecary jars are my most favorite things for decorating. I bought these one at a time when Michael's had their 50% off one item coupon as these pretty little things are not cheap. Each holiday I fill them to the brim with something relevant and what says Easter more than eggs?!


Cheap garland from the dollar store on the mantle along with a precious little bunny that Cadence made - note that big pink bow on the bunny :)

I got the pennant at Target for $3 - love that dollar spot!


The big vase and faux hydrangeas are from Michaels.
The Easter sign is from Target and the little pink vase and tall egg bouquet behind it I made with products from the dollar store. #cheap #budgetdecorating #loveit


Tiny vase and faux daisies from, you guessed it, the dollar store. The burlap egg tree is also from Target.


My chalkboard talks about the entire purpose and reason for the season, the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! He is not here, He has risen!


Bunny chair covers, $1 @ the dollar store.





I'm so ready to see Cadence's class put on their hoedown presentation. They've been practicing for weeks and seeing all of her classmates dressed like cowboys and cowgirls this morning was just precious!




Cadence's birthday is in December. We always start discussing party ideas around March and when we have settled on one by April I start buying little things here and there. I take a lot of pride into her birthday parties. I want friends and family to walk into our home and know immediately what kind of party they are attending. Is it a princess theme? Winter wonderland? I just love planning a party and Cadence adores helping me decorate and preparing but let's be honest, parties are not cheap and the older your children get the more pricey they get as more people attend, thus more food, etc. 

She's already started talking about her birthday this year and right now she's loving anything farm themed. Hey, it works for me and there are so many cute decoration ideas on Pinterest.

Cowgirl Themed Birthday Party with Tons of Fabulous Ideas via Kara's Party Ideas | Kara'sPartyIdeas.com #Cowgirl #Cowboy #Farm #Barnyard #Party #Ideas #Supplies (1)



western theme party | Then, the straw bals were free: “I found a local farm supply store ...

It's great, because I can start buying bandannas and hats early. They make great party gifts for all your guests instead of the usual gift bag. #giddyup



officialunitedstates:unclefather:babypinkacrylicnails:unoriginal-origins:swiked:katze-geht-meow:ijustloveyoutubers:trinititties:snacksandharts:swiked:littlewotsit:swiked:guys please help me - is this dress white and gold, or blue and black? Me and my friends can’t agree and we are freaking the fuck outSo I just looked at this like, it’s blue and black obviously and all my friends were like no it’s blue and gold. Now I’m super confused, what is eyesight?

I see it as white and gold. My friend right here sees it as blue and black. I CANT HANDLE THIS

if that’s not gold my entire life has been a lie

I am seeing Blue and Black, how are people seeing it different? Is there some sort of mind sorcery happening here?! :o

Okay, wtfi just saw it as gold and white which was weird bc earlier it was blue and black so i thought maybe ye were fucking with me but i went to reblog and now its blue and black again?!1? I AM GOING TO CRY

My class just had a debate over this. Half sees black and blue, the other half sees gold and white. Someone please explain this…

SPREAD THIS UNTIL IT REACHES NASA WE MUST FIND ANSWERS

WHAT IS THIS WITCH CRAFT

I see black and blue wtf how is anyone seeing white

I’m completely lying for notes but this looks like a hotdog. Reblog if you see a hotdog

i see the hot dog but did anyone else notice bigfoot in the back

WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE

So if you haven't head (although I'm sure you have by now) two people can sit in the same room, in front of the same computer and look at this picture and see two different colors on this dress. From what I've heard if you see a blue and black dress you are more stressed and if you see a white and gold dress you aren't. I see a white and gold dress plain as day. What do you see?


I'm so happy that today is Friday, and only a half day at work. What a great way to start a weekend. I hope each of you have a blessed and happy Friday!

xo




2 comments

  1. I love that you are putting your Easter stuff out :) i was thinking the same thing Happy weekend!!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the linkup. Love all the Easter stuff. I can't wait for Spring. Cadence is ADORABLE! I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger