To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 9, 2015

I'm here, I'm here!

No I haven't forgot about my blog.
My boss was away on vacation and in turn I was very busy.
He got back from his vacation today and even more busy so although this post may not be long, it sure will be sweet. 



We officially signed this sweet girl up for dance last week. Her practice uniform is the above with a pink tutu (not shown). I can't wait to see her with her tutu in tow come this next practice. She was a natural and absolutely loves it. 




My folks treated us to dinner on Friday night. Outback Steakhouse for their delicious Wallaby Darned's and the best company anyone could ask for. Seriously, how cute are they?!


Saturday we headed to Savannah to eat lunch and enjoy the day together. Love her smile and her 'big girl' purse that she now totes everywhere with her. I cannot believe how big she is getting, both physically and mentally. Where does the time go?!




Saturday afternoon my dad needed Tarls help with some hay he was purchasing. He needed Tarl to ride along to help load it in the truck so I hitched a ride as well. I'm so glad I did because it was pure love upon arrival to this farm. Stocked with tons of pigs and horses. I could have spent the day there. 


On Sunday we did some grocery shopping and kept getting smiles from this sweet girl. I mean - how lucky am I to be her mom! That face melts my heart!


I hope to have some really exciting news to share coming up in the next month or so. I don't want to blast it on my blog without it being 100% certain, but no friends, before you ask, I am not pregnant.

xo 


1 comment

  1. I love seeing little ones in their ballet outfits. It was the best part of teaching to me. I am so excited for y'all to see her dance. Those little piggies are so cute! Glad you had a good weekend and I can't wait to see what news you have.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger