To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 25, 2015

Midweek Randoms

Happy hump day friends. Actually, I hate that expression. Blame it on my mind 'always being in the gutter'...so with that being said, let's move on to some midweek randoms...

Living a skip away from Savannah you'd think I'd be all about St. Patrick's Day but to be honest, I can't stand it. The parade, the crowds, the shoulder to shoulder beer breath, puke sound and pee smell does not appeal to this gal. Call me lame, that's fine, it's just not my style. I'll take a warm fire in the back yard with my friends and family any day of the week over that, which brings me to my point, my house is ready for Easter and I love it. It may be only 40 degrees outside but inside my house Spring has sprung with pastels and eggs galore. I've also ordered Cadence's Easter basket, monogrammed of course (is there any other kind?) Second to Christmas, Easter is my next favorite holiday. Plus the meaning behind the reason we celebrate Easter is the most important - Christ's Resurrection! As always, if you'd like to know more about Jesus, please email me. I'm not perfect by any means of the word and I fail Him daily, but I praise his name always.

Blog fail however, no decorated house pics...will share this week though.

Speaking of Easter, have you seen the new Easter egg kits by Paas?

PAAS® Monograms


I mean...this has made my monogrammed lovin' southern heart burst! Monogrammed eggs? Yes please!

I also saw this on Pinterest this morning, pinned immediately and will be making these for breakfast on Easter morning! You need those condiment dispensers to ensure you get clean lines and FYI you can buy those at the dollar store for a buck.

Bunny pancakes tutorial


As always you can follow me on Pinterest by clicking my Pinterest tab on the sidebar.

//

I am loving this LC Lauren Conrad skirt that is on the Kohls website right now. This skirt is perfect for Spring and Summer. Pair it with a pastel button down (tucked in) and some nude pumps or sandals...swoon!


Link to purchase and on sale!

//

Confession, I'm a nail biter. Always have been except for about 3 months last year when my nails were long and strong and I didn't bite them and then my mama went in the hospital and goodbye nails! With that being said, I am splurging on myself and getting my nails done prior to our NYC trip. I'm loving these Essie colors right now and may just snag one of these for my mani. Thoughts?

cashmere matte - effects by essie


Cashmere Matte Collection: Wrap Me Up

cashmere matte - effects by essie

Cashmere Matte Collection: Just Stitched


My mind is telling me the nude but my pink obsessed heart is saying Just Stitched. Still time to decide...either way this girl is about to get some long nails.

//

I had a gentlemen come into my office yesterday stating that he and his wife were leaving this morning to go to New York for an extended weekend. After speaking for a moment we realized that we had the same vacation planned. They are staying at the exact same hotel as Tarl and I and had a lot of the same itinerary that Tarl and I have. I'm sure they have checked into their hotel by now and are enjoying the city...one month folks. The days are slowly dragging but it'll be here before I know it. I made all of our dinner reservations this morning and cannot wait to dine on some of our favorite Food Network chefs eats...

Thursday Night: Carmines
Friday Night: Bar Americain (Bobby Flay)
Saturday Night: The Stanton Social (Chris Santos)

//

Has anyone else been watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills this season? I've been an avid follower of the show since it first aired and here is what I think of this seasons ladies:

Kyle - Love her. Thought she's been a classy, fun, true friend sort of gal from season one. 

Lisa Vanderpump - I loved her until she and Brandi formed a friendship. Now that she no longer has Brandi influencing her behavior, she's back in my good graces. Can we talk about her wardrobe and closet for a minute? Ugh...I mean...freaking love it!

Lisa Rinna - Thoroughly enjoying her this season. I think she's honest and is friendly to everyone. Watching the previews for next weeks episode though, wow, she looks like she is ready to kick Kims ass, not saying that's a bad thing.

Brandi - I honestly liked Brandi after a few episodes. Once she opened up about her life and how that has affected a lot of the way she is I sort of understood. I loved reading both her books and again, that explained a lot, but it's all lost now. Can't stand her. She seems like that person who tries to get friends just to have someone on her side. Own your shit!

Eileen - I'm still up in the air about Eileen. She seems like a good voice of reason, similar to Yolanda, but there are also times when she comes off very 'holier than thou', snobby if you will. We'll see...

Yolanda - Again, another person I've liked and disliked. So far this season I'm really liking Yolanda. It seems as if she's making a conscious effort to get a long with everyone and tries to make everyone get along. I think she is slowly starting to see Brandi's true colors, not sure how that will span out, but the excuses she uses with Brandi have to stop. Seriously V, B is a grown woman and I'll say it again, she needs to own her shit.

Kim - I empathize with what she's going through. Although divorced, this man was once your husband and the father of your children, you will always love him and for what he is going through and I'm sure what she's feeling, I do empathize, however her bitchy tone and hypocritical behavior makes me want to fast forward my DVR when her parts come on. A sister is supposed to have your back, regardless. You may have issues with your siblings, Lord knows I've had issues with mine, but at the end of the day their your family, their your blood and I would never let anyone bad mouth about my family to me, hell no! It blows my mind that she gets angry with Kyle for talking ill about Brandi or trying to bring her into it. Well hate to break it to you Kimmy, but Brandi and you do the exact same thing. Again, own your shit! Kyle may not blatantly tell someone to shutup when they start talking about Kim, but she will tell them to take it up with Kim themselves or stray away from the conversation.

These are obviously just my thoughts on the show. I love how I can like one person one minute and are disgusted by them the next. What do you think? Whose your favorites right now?

//

I have to share what I thought was a funny to you ladies who read my blog. If any men do read I urge you to stop as 1) it's TMI and 2) you just won't understand. 

Let me preface by stating I have never been regular with my menstrual cycles. Twenty eight days...psshhh, not for me. I can have a period that lasts 7 days and doesn't rear it's ugly head until 3 months later and then I can have two periods in one month. Never have been that on time, every 28 day, circle it on your calendar, girl. With that being said I've also never had your usual period symptoms. I'm not a fan of chocolate, so that's never phased me. I don't really bloat or get a headache (your usual symptoms), so with all that, I never know when I'm going to start. 

The other night I made brownies for Tarl and Cadence. They love them, so I made them. While they were baking they smelt divine. Once they were done and fresh out of the oven I couldn't wait. I cut two of those bad boys, put the piping hot chocolate on a paper towel and shoved them in my face. After 15 minutes I went back and did it again. I started sweating thinking I was pregnant as I'm not a fan of chocolate and knew this was a bad craving. I went to make sure I had been taking my birth control and phew, I was on point...needless to say I guess those years of not having symptoms have caught up with me. I'm now bloated like a blowfish and have probably gained 10 pounds by eating brownies, kit-kats and Wendy's frosty's the past few days. I've also had cramps from hell but that's another story in itself, also the two pimples blemishes on my face are a wonderful addition to all this sexiness that's going on #sarcasm

//

Our sweet girl is having a 'hoedown' at school this week. The children are dressing up as cowboys and cowgirls and they are dancing and putting on a presentation for all the parents. I cannot wait to see this. Tarl and I are so blessed to have a child who loves school and blessed to have her in a school that is attentive to the care and needs of her as well as receiving a great education. I was so wary of her starting school because she's always been with a family member. She never attended daycare or preschool, but I'm so very happy that it's a suiting fit for all three of us and that they take the time to put on these little things and include the parents. I know I enjoy seeing the classroom, facilities and meeting other parents. 

xo




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger