To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 26, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

As soon as Easter is over and my entry table is free I will be lining up three Ball mason jars and putting this gloriousness on that table! Something so simple (mason jars, paint and flowers) can turn into something so darn pretty! I am so smitten with this easy DIY and cannot wait to put into fruition.

Love mason jars

The gold is pretty too. I would prefer pink flowers in the gold mason jars as well because gold and pink together are gorgeous, but I honestly prefer the metallic silver over the gold.

//

I am slowly starting to prepare my packing list for New York and it's not an easy task. I'm an over packer, there I said it. I'm that girl who packs 4 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip, yep, that's me! With that being said we've also never flown before and thus never had to check bags and had a limit to what we could bring. Sure I could pack a ton of luggage but at $75+ for extra bags, not going to  happen! With that being said it helps me if I write what I'm going to wear each day and night. This way I know exactly what to pack and what to wear. I'm not a fashionista by any means of the word, but this is NYC and I want to look my best. Thank goodness for Pinterest and the several hundred ideas I've gotten just by skimming through. My favorite this week? Chambray. I love the many different looks you can accomplish with a chambray top. I purchased mine from Target for $20 over a year ago and it's such a big closet staple for me. I can mix and match so much with that one top to create an assortment of looks.

It’s time for another Cute Outfit Ideas of the Week! This one is dedicated to breaking the age old rule of not wearing white after Labor Day. That rule is so yesterday. White Denim is actually quite awesome for putting together some great fall looks. If you need some outfit inspiration for wearing white denim …

White jeans, gray top, chambray, & ankle boots. Not wearing those pants correctly with ankle boots though

two above pictures: via


ankle boots with leggings, blanket scarf, chambray shirt

chambray paired with blanket scarf: via

NEW BLING AND BAUBLES JUST ARRIVED! Chambray shirt, neon statement necklace, neon skirt, and pointed nude pumps. Perfect!

Chambray makes a great pairing with our bandage skirts! Skirts available in coral, mint, and black! Available Fedora Boutique stores

above two pictures: via

That pop of neon with the chambray is stunning and I personally would have never paired the two together. I also love this list of 20 ways to style Chambray. #7, #14, and #19 are my faves, the only change with #19 would be to wear a pair of wedges instead of flats, y'all know I like to be in some tall shoes :)

//

My monogrammer just sent me a picture of Cadence's Easter basket. She is still going to add polka dots but she knows I'm impatient so she sends me sneak peaks. This is why I love her...


I didn't want to get an Easter themed because we're going to use the basket for other things once Easter is done (storing toys, bows, etc.). I love it and I know one little girl whose going to love it too!

I bought purple Easter grass today. It's the paper kind, not the plastic kind. I got it from the dollar store for $1 per bag and I personally prefer the paper shreds better to the plastic, they're easier clean up as they don't stick to you when you go to take the items out of the basket. Thus far I've purchased a monogrammed Princess Belle shirt to go inside the basket as well as a Princess Anna dress. I'll fill the rest with little treats from Target or the dollar store.

//

And I leave you with this...

So true

every.single.time.

3 comments

  1. I love chambray tops too! These outfits are great inspiration, thank you for sharing!

    xox.
    A Peachy Sonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mason jar flowers are perfect! I love that idea.
    Love love love the chambray with the pink skirt and that statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those jars and tried them for Valentine's Day....I am the worst crafter ever!! The paint was bumpy and drippy sadly. I'm also an over packer...every single time I swear I'm going to do better but so far no luck! Love all these chambray looks though.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger