To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 2, 2015

Weekend

Happy Monday folks - as happy as a Monday can be anyways.
I hear the groundhog said it's going to be six more weeks of winter - well screw him...moving on!

 My dads best friend and cousin and my cousin and dear friend as well moved to West Virginia this week so we hosted a party for him this past weekend to say our goodbyes.



On Friday evening we sat around the house and did a whole lotta nothing. I am currently in the process of re-reading the 50 Shades of Grey series that way when the movie comes out (in 12 days!) I will be all caught up once again. It was nice to relax and read on Friday. 

On Saturday my mother-in-law offered to watch Cadence for us so we had a wonderful date night. 
American Sniper was amazing for any of you who had thoughts about seeing it. I'm not much into manly war movies but it was for sure a must see! Plus it has Bradley Cooper in it so how bad can it be?! After the movie we headed to downtown Savannah and ate at Outback. Those Wallaby Darned's are delicious and for someone who rarely has a cocktail, it only took two to get me feeling tipsy. 

The service was actually really good but the kitchen messed up our order a little so the manager gave us a free dessert of our choice, we chose the cheesecake. (sorry for the grainy pictures!)

For dessert #2 we opted for our favorite - donuts! Their packaging for Valentine's Day was just precious and Krispy Kreme donuts never disappoint!





We weren't ready to head home yet so we drove around downtown Savannah and then drove out to Tybee. It was unusually warm on Saturday evening so we had the heat up a little with the windows rolled down and just enjoyed the quiet drive to Tybee with the marsh view the entire way. It was bliss just talking to Tarl without any interruptions. The date night was much needed so thank you mom-in-law for watching her :)

By Sunday morning we were ready to see our girl. We were also craving some Japanese but at 11:30 in the morning hibachi isn't open, so we did the quick service Japanese which is equally as good at less than half the price! Cadence adores it too!


After lunch we opted to drive downtown a little more since it was a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny. 


There truly is nothing like beautiful Savannah. I'm so blessed to live here. The mossy oaks, beautiful parks, and old colonial mansions that have been modernized. Can I live in this house?!



Picture perfect! Minus the dirty windshield of course :)


All in all our weekend was great but Monday came to soon, but doesn't it always?

xo



1 comment

  1. I am so in love with Savannah. I live about 4 1/2 hours away from there but I've visited several times. If I could move anywhere Savannah would be it. I love the history and feel of the town. It looks like you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger