To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 16, 2015

Valentine's Recap / 50 Shades Movie Review / Monogrammed Goodness

Bella And The City

Happy Monday folks.

I'm actually not dreading it today and that's because I'm well rested. I should be after going to bed last night at 7! I was exhausted as soon as 6:30 hit. It just came over me. We didn't do much this weekend or stay out late so I was worried I was getting sick since I was so tired. Well as soon as 7 hit I couldn't fight it anymore and just went to sleep. I didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 6:30 and even then I hit snooze and didn't get out of bed until 7. A full 12 hours sleep was glorious and much needed. I got up, energized and ready to start the day. Don't get me wrong, who wants to be at work, but it's good being at work and not being exhausted!

Friday evening we stayed in town and went and spent some time with my brother and his lady. We enjoy their company and always have a good time spent with them. Saturday morning I woke up to two tickets to 50 Shades of Grey, along with a Japanese dinner planned and a lovely card. Tarl also got Cadence a pink plush bear holding a heart. I purchased Cadence a Disney princess valentine along with some heart shaped suckers and a card and got Tarl some heart shaped Reese's cups and a card. We kept it simple, but I was very surprised to see the movie tickets because from day one Tarl refused to go see the movie, he pleasantly surprised me :)

The movie and dinner wasn't until later that evening so we enjoyed the sunny day on Saturday. It was quite chilly and windy but Grandaddy bought Cadence her most favorite valentine present, her very own wheelbarrow. Long story short, she loves playing with his wheelbarrow on the farm.  She thinks she's something when she's pushing that thing around, so when he surprised her with her very own size wheelbarrow, she was just smitten.


///

I have been a 50 Shades fan ever since the books became a hit here in the US. I read the first book in one day cover to cover. The second book the second day and then Fifty Shades Freed on the third day. I couldn't get enough of the books and re-read them as soon as I finished them. They were that good in my opinion.

As  soon as I heard they were making a movie I was ecstatic. 
I followed the entire process, including interviews with the book writer and obviously, when they chose the cast. I had no qualms about Jamie Dornan playing Christian or Dakota Johnson playing Ana. I actually thought they fit the bill pretty well. I know a lot of people were upset by it, but I thought they portrayed the characters well. 

Again this is just my opinion of the movie...

I liked it. Did I love it? No, but I did like it. Let's face it, the book is always better then the movie. I cannot name one movie where the book wasn't better, not one, so going into the movie I kept that in mind. I did like the movie though, I thought they played the characters well and I thought the director kept pretty close to the story lines of the book, but I also read the book so it was easier for me to fill in the blanks and read between the lines. 

Tarl did not read the books, and if I put myself in someone's shoes who did not read the books I could see where there is a lot that didn't get explained or a lot that they wouldn't understand. 

I felt that there was a lot of information that was not included in the movie that is very relevant and important to someone who did not read the books, that they left out. So being a person who read the books, the movie was good. If I had not read the books, the movie wouldn't have been good. It probably would have even ranged on the verge of boring. 

After the movie Tarl had so many questions that I had to answer because the movie left out those important little details to where as the book did not. Tarl didn't care for the movie, but as soon as I answered his questions he said he would have thoroughly enjoyed the movie had they added that information. 

Ultimately, I preferred the books. However, if a second movie is made like it is supposed to, I will see it in theaters. I'm still a 50 Shades fan and I still love me some Christian Grey :)

///

Inspired Flair on Etsy is one of my favorite shops. Her monogrammed shirts, outfits and bubble necklaces have stolen my heart and I've been a fan of hers for quite some time, even ordering from her on more than once occasion. She reached out wanting some more exposure for her shop in return for some monogrammed goodness, so who could resist?! If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, over the next few weeks I'll be showcasing one of her items per day, so be sure to follow by clicking on the links to my accounts in the sidebar. 

I'll also be pinning some of her projects on Pinterest, so follow me there too :)

With Valentine's being over, it's onto Easter for our household. How amazingly cute are these monogrammed shirts?

Easter Bunny Eggs Girls Shirt Embroidered Applique Shirt or One Piece- Headband - Embroidered Girls- Easter Shirt- Easter Headband
link to purchase

Baby's first Easter? Look at this!

Easter Tutu Outfit My First 1st Easter Newborn Infant Baby Girl Embroidered Set includes Pastel Tutu Skirt and Personalized Bunny Ears Shirt
link to purchase

Swoon!

She made this shirt for me for our Disney trip last year.


Cadence still wears this shirt all the time and the quality is superb. I cannot wait to get her some more Disney shirts made for our upcoming trip this year.

It's definitely worth checking out!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger