To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 12, 2015

Thursday Thoughts


Thoughts for Thursday
Is it Friday yet? No, but it sure is close, I can feel it :)
// My sweet girl had her very first school Valentine's party today. What a cutie she was in her monogrammed Valentine's shirt, no pictures this morning though. #momfail
I remember so fondly back when I was in school, making our own Valentine's buckets or envelopes and having class mates put Valentine's in them. It was always so much fun. I'm sure she's having a blast today. Why don't we as adults have Valentine's festivities? #lame
// If you read my blog yesterday then I shared our big news - we're going back to Disney this Fall. You can read all the details on yesterday's blog post, but I wanted to share that we officially booked today. 225 days to go - so much fun!
// I saw this picture this morning on Pinterest. It's of New York in the winter and it's breathtaking. Central Park, those trees, the bridge in the corner of the picture. Forty days and counting...I cannot believe tomorrow we'll start counting down in the 30s.
NYC
// I may get some heat for this, but that's okay. I have noticed more and more jumpers with Spring quickly approaching and I have to be honest, that's one fashion trend I don't ever see me wearing. They make your crotch look hungry, and that's wording it about as nicely as I could be. Sorry ladies, I just don't get that fad.
// Tonight I'm cooking dinner for my parents. The pressure is truly on because I cannot remember, if ever, the last time I have ever cooked for them. I'm making a shrimp jambalaya with a side salad. *fingers crossed*
// Tarl and I have zip planned for Valentine's Day. I will give him credit. He called my favorite restaurant (The Melting Pot) last weekend to make reservations for this weekend and they were already booked to capacity. So props to him for trying. 
Our local Daffodil Farm opens on Valentine's Day though, so I think we may do that weather permitting. We had so much fun last year picking our own Daffodils. They were beautiful in our home and smelled wonderful.
// I need this shirt in my life!
I Love Jesus
Via Thug Life Shirts
Seriously buying next paycheck!
xo

2 comments

  1. Thug Life has the best tshirts! I am in the Lowcountry too!! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so cute!! love these photos… and the photo of central park- breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger