To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 23, 2015

Yasss

Each week a star student in Cadence's Kindergarten class is honored. This week it was our sweet girl. On day one you get to bring in a special show and tell object and also wear your most favorite shirt. On day two you get to bring in your favorite snack to share with the class. 

Today is day one and naturally she chose her princess castle shirt.


Each week they also have a theme, and this week it's 'farm life'. Which was perfect because her special show and tell were baby bitties that were born on our farm two weeks ago. Tarl took them in for her to show and video recorded it for me. It was beyond precious listening to her tell her class about baby bitties. Little farm girl!

//

As of this morning we are now in the 20s until our New York City trip. It was great writing 29 compared to the 100 I wrote when I first started. Now I just have to get over my fear of planes!
Wish me luck on that one...

//

Y'all, I have watched this video at least a dozen times and it still cracks me up every time. I love voice overs for cat videos! #yasss


//

I'm sorry that this post is so short for the day, and for my lack of posting last week. To be honest, writers block is real and I've not had much to post about. Happy Monday!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger