To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 7, 2014

July 4th Weekend

Weekends always seem to fly by so quickly and extended weekends seem to go by even faster. I can't believe we're at Monday already, but we had such a great 4th!

My aunt came up from Florida so on Friday night we spent some quality time with her sitting outside enjoying the cool night air. On Saturday we hung out inside due to the rain, but it cleared up beautifully to shoot fireworks.




We relaxed all day yesterday and got prepared for the week. Not anything spectacular but boy was it fun. I miss my aunt already and cannot wait to see her again in September!

I've been a very slack blogger this past week but with good reason. Cadence had an ear infection a few weeks back and although she was on her antibiotic for a good seven days she never got to finish it up because turns out she was allergic to it and it caused a MAJOR rash. Well she was fine for about two weeks and bam, another ear infection. Turned out that even though she had a full seven days on her medicine it didn't completely heal the first time and it just sat there and lied dormant slowly building strength again. So last week we were back at the doctors and this time they prescribed her with another antibiotic and she seems to be doing so much better!


It's never fun when your babies are sick, especially when their sick back to back like she was! I am so very happy she's getting back to her normal self!

We are going school shopping with her today. I can't believe our baby is starting school!


P.S. I'm also starting to take guest bloggers for the week of September 29th - October 3rd. That's a Monday - Friday for those of you who don't have a calendar in front of you...if you're interested I'd love to have you. Please email me by clicking the Collaboration tab above or comment here and I will get back with you!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger