To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 28, 2014

weekend and more

This weekend was great and like most, it went by way too quickly. Seriously, can I be a stay at home mom yet? A little more than a year to go, and yes I am so counting down the days!

We did date night with the three of us on Friday night. Me and my girl took some selfies to document the moment.



Silly faces.

On Saturday night Tarl and I got a night alone. Time for the two of you is always important. It's about finding a good balance between marriage and family. I couldn't imagine never having time alone with Tarl for us to reconnect but on the other hand we couldn't imagine going out all the time without Cadence. We try to go out once a month for just the two of us and one weekend getaway a year for just us, other than that Cadence will always be involved and that's what works best for our family. That's what I love about us. We are and will always be involved in our child's life.

'To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today' - Barbara Johnson
via

 We headed to Savannah for some good food and a little window shopping, I also got to meet Olaf :)



On Sunday we had a relaxing day at home. Cadence played in the sprinkler while Tarl and I sat and watched. We also rode over to my sisters house and let the kids play together while the adults sat outside underneath the shade of course!

//

Tomorrow I make our Disney FastPass reservations. If you aren't familiar it's basically where you get to choose three rides a day, per person to skip the long wait in line. It is a necessity when going to Disney.

I'm narrowing down our final picks today and tomorrow morning I'll be making our reservations. Yay - Disney is so close. Less than 60 days until travel! We also added an extra day to our trip to visit with Aunt Nancy, I am beyond ready!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing with you a recipe for some yummy and very healthy homemade popsicles that Cadence got to eat for breakfast this morning. Popsicles for breakfast? You can't beat it! The best part is, it's all organic and all healthy ingredients!





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger