To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 8, 2014

Tuesday Random Fun

My family by no means eats healthy on a daily basis, however when I grocery shop for the three of us every two weeks I always try to incorporate a lot of fruits and vegetables. We all three love them and at least half of our meals are more healthy than they are unhealthy.

This year my dad planted a lot of fruits and vegetables. There truly is nothing like eating them straight off the vine. My dad also didn't use any chemicals or preservatives while growing them, they are 100% organic.

Cadence loves blueberries. They are one of her favorite fruits. In the summer heat, I like to set them in the freezer for a few hours to get them nice and cold and we use that as a dessert. Last night while sitting outside she ate the entire container full.




*****

Garth Brooks announced his world tour yesterday. *cue angel music*

I have listened to his music ever since I was a child and have always wanted to go to one of his concerts but he quit performing while his kids were little so he could see them grow up. Now that they are all grown and graduated he announced his comeback. I cannot wait to scour some tickets to one of his shows!

*****

Do you watch Food Network Star? If not, you should! I'm loving this season so far and have also been watching Star Salvation on FoodNetwork.com which is when the contestants who got eliminated have a chance to redeem themselves and get back into the competition.

*****

I don't know about you but I am so sick and tired of these FaceBook quizzes. How Southern are you? How bitchy are you? Where are you meant to live? Oh my goodness people. I don't need a quiz to tell me I'm from SC born and bred which makes me southern and the bitchiness comes natural for every woman, doesn't it? :)

That's all I have for today folks. What can I say, busy busy busy! I'm so beyond ready for a relaxing weekend with my family. 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger