To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 23, 2014

Today

Today...


I will go home to my healthy child and husband and send a birthday card to a five year old little boy with an upcoming sixth birthday who is battling brain cancer. Danny Nickerson loves getting mail. His birthday is coming up in a few days and the world has took note of his love for birthday cards. Will you join me in sending a card or small gift to Danny? You can read more about him here. You can send mail to him @
Danny Nickerson, PO Box 212, Foxboro, MA, 02035.

//

I am dreaming of cool fall weather. I'm not a summer junkie, never have been and probably never will be. For me, summer fun ended with summer breaks the day I graduated high school. Hot muggy weather and daily storms aren't my cup of tea. I love every thing about fall. Cool nights around a small fire. Long sleeve dresses with tall boots. Camping. Halloween. Birthdays. Knowing the Christmas season is quickly approaching, there just isn't anything better.

Here are some Fallspiration outfits I'm loving.

via

via

via

via
call me classy
via
Dress + boots
via

Those boots tho!
via

The boots in the last picture are so my style. I seriously would never take them off. They are a great mixture of both tall fall boots and cowboy boots all rolled into one. I've searched and searched but no luck. If you know of something similar with a good price tag to match, do tell. As always you can keep up with me on Pinterest or follow my "I'd wear it" board below.

//

I am anticipating the 50 Shades of Grey trailer for tomorrow. I mean it's the only movie I have ever known to have a trailer for the trailer. Seriously?! Last night while watching Chasing Life (more to come on that show) the trailer for the trailer came on and I started screaming like a school girl. Tarl came running in and just rolled his eyes. It's an obsession I tell you and I can't wait. The trailer better live up to my expectations. We shall see... If you haven't seen the pre-trailer yet, here you go:



//

I am anxiously waiting for next weeks episode of Chasing Life. If you have never heard of it, it's a new show that comes on ABC family once a week about a 24 year old girl who learns she has leukemia. I didn't think I'd like it when I first saw previews but I'm officially obsessed with the show. If you have been watching it then you are aware of the characters and let me just say, I sure hope that April ends up with Leo, and that Leo miraculously is healed too! Once again, we'll see.

//

I am loving my hair. Rare occasion but true. I just didn't have time to take my big curling iron this morning and mess with it, so instead, I just wrapped my hair around my 1 1/2" curling iron like a wand and am loving the results. My curls are very subtle and wavy more so than using a wand. Plus it saved so much time just to wrap a piece or two of hair around my curler.

xo




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger