To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

July 21, 2014

Weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun and as usual went by way too fast. Don't they all?

On Friday night Tarl surprised both Cadence and I with a family date night at our favorite Italian restaurant, Carrabba's. Cadence loves their fried mozzarella and I indulge on their grilled tilapia.

Cheesy grin :)
Afterwards we went into Downtown Savannah and had some frozen yogurt at La'Berry. Their taro flavored yogurt is delicious and a family favorite for all three of us. 

Saturday we let Cadence play in the sprinkler and she loved it.




Both my sister and cousin have swimming pools but I swear she loves playing in the sprinkler more. 

Afterwards we went and did some uniform shopping. It's so hard to believe that she starts school in less than a month!

It has been months since Tarl and I have had Melting Pot and we were craving it on Saturday, so we splurged and went. Cadence loved both the experience and the food!




It sure does beat cooking at home, but I have been doing a lot of that lately, but no complaints. Recently I made shredded chicken tacos and homemade chicken pot pie, both were great and something new to add to our dinner menu.



Our weekend was fun and I sure can't wait until next weekend already!






No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger