To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 13, 2015

Friday Five | Lots of Goodies





I saw this dining room and immediately fell in love with every single aspect about it.
I love the beam exposed ceiling, the farmhouse table, the champagne colored rug, the simple yet rustic chandelier and the white jugs adorned with palm leaves. 

The white walls with lots of windows provides such a beautiful natural lighting...just swoon!

If I had to change one thing, I would probably turn the sliding door into a french. I'm a sucker for french doors, but that's just me. 

This goes to the top of my list under dream home "dining rooms".




As always, here are my favorites from the week...




The above speaks to me so much. It's like the old story of the man trapped on his roof after a huge flood. He prays to God and says Lord please save me. Not long after a boat passes and says "hey, jump in for safety". The man yells back, no thanks, the Lord's going to save me. A few more hours pass as the water is steady rising and a helicopter above drops a rope and yells down, "climb, climb!" The man yells back up, "no thanks, the Lord's going to save me". A few more hours pass and the man arrives in Heaven, he asks the Lord, "why didn't you save me?" 
The Lord said, I sent you a boat and a helicopter!

To this day I love that story! 

So remember, if you're praying for something, be willing to move your feet!











So happy that the weekend has arrived. I've been looking forward to this Friday ever since last Sunday evening came. 

 You know those painting classes that have become popular?
Well believe it or not I won two seats to a painting class for myself and one other person. It's $35 a seat, and I won two! So basically $70 :)

I was so happy and couldn't think of a better person to take than my sister-in-law, Yvonne. We are heading to Savannah tonight and I'm so ready.

She enjoys painting like I do and I can't wait to share pics with y'all come Monday.

I'm not sure what the weekend has in store for us, but I sure hope it's some more Christmas decorating and time with family :)



Thanksgiving!

Can we take a minute and talk about Thanksgiving?!
I love Thanksgiving! Such a great day to eat lots of food and not feel guilty about it, spend time with family, playing board games or card games, relaxing and just being extremely grateful and thankful for every blessing that we have in our lives. 

That's what Thanksgiving means to me anyways. 
Plus I get lots of time off work...win/win!

My aunt left to go back home on Wednesday morning. Y'all, it sucks! My aunt and I have become extremely close within the past 4 years. We talk at least once a week via text, FaceBook or phone calls so when she comes in town it's just a beam of light having here here, but like most times, there's always a goodbye. We spent the last week hanging out each night when I got home from work, playing cards, talking on the back porch, just spending quality time together. It was great and Cadence just adores her.

It's not 100% certain yet, but she may be back in town for Thanksgiving...I sure hope so!
If so, this will make Turkey Day 2015 extra special.

Here are pics from a couple Thanksgiving's...



We ended the night at my sisters home sitting around a fire and some inside karaoke :)



Cadence got to touch our Elf on the Shelf just once to show him that hew as on TV in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Look at her smile! :)


We also hand picked our greens for Thanksgiving dinner. It just doesn't get any fresher than that!



Y'all, Cadence has been so stuffy the past week and this morning the cough started. I hate this time of year as far as cold season is concerned. I love the cool weather but I hate the head colds that it brings with it. Poor girl can't breathe out of her nose and then when she has a coughing spell she loses her breath on top of the sneezing and hoarse voice. Please keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery!

My mom has also felt bad the past few days and Tarl was sick two days this week and stayed home from work and worst of all my sweet nephew Devin has been in and out of the hospital with his illness. 

Lord please put your healing hands upon us. 

With all the head colds going on we may just take it easy this weekend. Curl up with some snuggly blankets, sip on some hot chocolate and put up some more Christmas decorations.

xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger